Skyrim PC 64-bit update confirmed

Suvanto

Do you think they will remember to sneak in the save slot functionality from Fallout 4? My brother and I both want to start new Skyrim games later this year but we only have 1 good computer.

Just use MO, you can also use your own ini and mods for each of you.

BTW, i guess mo will need an update for 64 bit software to run the new skyrim.

SKSE support for Special Edition confirmed.

BTW, i guess mo will need an update for 64 bit software to run the new skyrim.

Yes. Mo is 32bit application and requires an update to run with Special Edition.

Edit: About mod compatibility; Pete Hines seems to believe that saving older mods through SE CK will allow them to work properly in game. How well this works is still unconfirmed, but I suspect that majority of mods that would conflict with 64bit Skryim can be made combatibile this way.

Edited by Suvanto

I don't actually use it, so I don't know exactly what it does, but I can tell you that unless MO actually tries to run alongside Skyrim in the same manner as SKSE it won't matter in the slightest whether it's 32bit or 64bit. All it does is move files around and alter configs, right?

That doesn't mean it won't need any update at all, of course; the remaster will likely have a new install path, new config paths, etc... but one copy should be able to manage both versions of the game.

Regarding the "mod compatibility" thing, I'm getting the impression Hines isn't too sure how it'll work himself. I suspect when he says old mods will need to be loaded through the new CK, that's only because that's the only way to publish them to Bethesda.net, so he means (or whoever gave him his info meant!) that that's the only way you'll be able to play old mods on consoles.

On PC we've got full filesystem access, and can install mods however we like; heck, we can redo our configs with Notepad if we want to. Engine compatibility is our only problem.

I don't actually use it, so I don't know exactly what it does, but I can tell you that unless MO actually tries to run alongside Skyrim in the same manner as SKSE it won't matter in the slightest whether it's 32bit or 64bit. All it does is move files around and alter configs, right?

32bit MO can't handle 64bit applications. That's the problem. You need to launch applications through MO - including applications like SKSE or Skyrim launcher - for them to work. This is the problem. If MO can't handle these applications, then they can not be launched through it.

BTW. Nice to know that you are active in Nexus forums as well. :)

• 2 months later...

Isn't there already a 64-bit Mod Organizer for Fallout 4?

Considering that Skyrim is essentially getting FO4's engine with this release, it should be fairly easy to port that MO version for it.

When it comes out, I'm actually gonna try and use the FO4 Mod Organizer to launch Skyrim Special Edition and see how it goes :)

Well if indeed, it can be ran on my 64 bit CPU in 64 bit mode and they can get SE and mods to work and use all my 20 gigs of system RAM and the full extent of my i7 - 482ok CPU at 3.70 GHz. I may even upgrade my video card from GeForce GTX 770 to a much higher end GeForce card.

I could be a very happy player. :)