Skyrim Special Edition Creation Kit

alanovichromanov

I was REEing about no mods, but they haven't even released the creation kit? RIP

I think a handful of developers have early access to it, but it's allegedly going to be released this coming week, provided there aren't further delays. I'm more keen for the newer Creation Kit than anything, have had enough of the current 32-bit one crashing on me left, right and centre that I've halted modding for the time-being.

mods that use base game items, not relying on BSA files, should work. Most scripted mods that do not rely on SKSE (at the moment) should also work.

I have simply placed my(authored) mods in the Skyrim SE data folder and they work without issue. I also use some scripted mods from the original game and they also work without issue.

New CK is doing something for me what the old one didn't - hogging up memory. I made myself a little personal mod which was linked to all official ESM files (save the update one), basically my mod had some little balancing details in it (like raising the level cap of villagers, always felt silly how player and monsters keep leveling up but hardy people of Skyrim stay at pathetic low levels and thus will just die as soon as someone looks at them in wrong way later in the game) and I had no problems adding all that stuff in original Skyrim and its CK. In new one, it started nicely but then, at some point, started to yell that not enough memory and then crashed. Not an issue with my hardware, but the darn CK is 32-bit and can't handle memory over 4 gigs. I wish I hadn't accidentally deleted my own old mod, now have to put up with this nonsense from this CK and try to restore what I had.. Eh. Anyhoo, hope everyone else has better luck while using it.