Is Strong a Synth?

dragnhuntr666

I'm playing around with some mods that allows you to detect whether a person is a synth or not, and when I'm just roaming around, I run the quest to get Strong and behold, he's highlighted as a synth. I go to my inventory and check my mask to see if it's an issue. So I unequip it and equip it again. Yup, he's still highlighted. I start to think the mod just glitched, so I finish the quest and take Strong back to my place so I can modify the mask. I take the mod off and he's not highlighted. So I put the mod back on. Yup. He's highlighted again. Makes me wonder if he was a Gen 3 synth to be made to look like a supermutant.

Some odd things seem to support this. He's tamer than other supermutants. He's got more intelligence. He actually wants to make the world better. All of these things are something atypical of a Supermutant.

Hopefully it's not just my mod that is the issue, which is the NCR Ranger outfit:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9034/?

Mutants themselves aren't brain damaged just...not that smart. We don't know what causes it but it's speculated that a certain amount background radiation in your body might be the factor of it, so SM from a vault would most likely end up with more intelligent super mutants like Marcus and Fawkes, Lily being the only case otherwise but she is a nightkin soooo.

Just to let you guys know, i am aware that supermutants are smart, just not the most intelligent. I was just pointing out that Strong is smarter than those other supermutants. I only posted in spoilers about the original topic in case there was spoiler type of info out there on why he highlights as a synth, and other supermutants don't.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if he's so much smarter than other super-mutants as he is more open-minded. Yeah, he's got that milk of human kindness metaphor going on, but when you leave him alone in a settlement, he'll use the chemistry station to try and find literal 'milk' that makes humans kind. Also, even after reaching max affinity with him, displaying exactly what the milk of human kindness is, he still goes on about how he has to find it and how it's going to help the Super Mutants take over the world. Like it's a real, tangible object that will make everyone nice and unified. Open-minded, yes, but not exactly smart.

Oh, and we're forgetting about that guy, what's his name? The one that taught Strong about Shakespeare's metaphor in the first place? Yeah, what about him? I guess he could be an Institute programmer under the guise of doing whatever he said he was doing in Trinity Tower (can't remember anymore) when he was actually there to perform maintenance on Strong, but it seems unlikely. Why would an Institute scientist read a bunch of Super Mutants Shakespeare? In any case, Strong was open-minded enough to consider and take on board Shakespeare's ideas, but I don't think he quite understood the metaphor.

And synths aren't open minded. They're programmed machines! //Hides from Railroad//

Although, if you consider open-mindedness the definition of intelligence, then my entire argument is moot :laugh:

• 5 weeks later...

TOO MUCH TALKING - WANT TO DO MORE FIGHTING!

Synth or otherwise - I don't care - I'm a huge fan of the muties - from fawkes to bad MF, Lily - the nutjob and her robot from the top of Black Mountain - name escapes me for a second and granted Nightkin like lily - but I'm not racist - blue or green - Marcus & co make for some of the best characters across the game - I'd love to see something happen that resulted in some sort of truce between human & mutants - if not, I love killing them too - after sneaking up on them and listening to their conversations - remember some good ones from Germantown Police Station.

TINKER TINKER TINKER - STRONG BORED..... Aye awright buddy - have this potted meat and lets go kill something!

Oh oh oh...I forgot to mention something really interesting...

The Mysterious Stranger IS A SYNTH!

Cool.

On the subject of Strong - He was more than likely created in the Institutes FEV lab - well almost certainly, it at least in part explains why there are Super Mutants in the Commonwealth - although migration etc can explain it as well.

Ramble Ramble - was gonna say other stuff but sod it - I'm too tired. JAYMZEE GO BACK TO TOWER - TAKE KNAP.