Dragon City Mod

Triforce1

Weapon and... Shield... Checkbox... >_>

Oh, there it is. In plain sight. I could try that, or I could commit suicide/flee this forum from shame. Will get back on the results. (Or not, obviously)

I placed a "torch" node because, looking at the Skeleton... Skeleton, it made sense it could double for a shield location-marker.

The Armor: I near-literally copied dwarven armor, doing nothing else, into the Faceless' "Creatures" mesh-folder, and it worked just peachy.

EDIT: Things work perfectly now. The invisible, mountable knight-problem was, similarly, me being an idiot. Next up is simulated dialogue, which should be a cinch up to making them face the player and deliver whatever dialogue you want them to, unique or otherwise. From there, we'll see if I (or someone else) can determine whatever no-doubt silly mistake is stopping me making new sounds, in which case you can expect them to sound human as well.

EDIT EDIT: Sound-problem solved as well. I never changed the format from mp3 to wav. All is well.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, listening to this, I got an idea. What if ALL the city fighters and guards were NPC people, and then the invaders, who would be Dremora, were those faceless things you are working on? The Daedric armor totally covers up anything underneath, and if you made it so the armor couldn't be taken from the dead body, then you'd be gold...But can you do that...?

Anyway, I just popped in for a quick question...Is it possible to make the water in the overworld higher in some places? Because I've always pictured this city being on an island in the middle of a flooded volcanic crater. Is it possible? :ermm:

EDIT: Reading your EDIT, don't worry too terribly much about dialogue. The only thing really neccessay wolud be for the Faceless things to be able to deliver standard Dremora battlecries. That's it.

They wouldn't actually be "wearing" Daedric armor at all. The armor meshes would be used as their body-meshes. In actuality, they would amount to something more similar to animated armor that sounds and behaves like Dremora. So yes, it would be easy assuming Daedric is, in fact, full armor. (I don't remember)

I'm almost completely sure you can set sea level on a per-cell basis. The problem would be making the "water" lava if still part of the Tamriel world. One dungeon mod, I believe, solved this by changing Tamriel's water to lava when within "X" distance from a certain area (or in a certain cell), but unfortunately, the area in question overlooked the Imperial City, so it looked as if the whole city was an island in a sea of lava. It takes some placement/landscaping skill to make sure the sea/rivers/lakes never look like lava and the area itself never looks like water, but not impossible. You might look at Blackrock Mountain.

The second possibility I see is to wall off the entire crater and put it into a different worldspace, which solves both problems, but might look weird and otherwise mess with your vision.

They wouldn't actually be "wearing" Daedric armor at all. The armor meshes would be used as their body-meshes. In actuality, they would amount to something more similar to animated armor that sounds and behaves like Dremora. So yes, it would be easy assuming Daedric is, in fact, full armor. (I don't remember)

I'm almost completely sure you can set sea level on a per-cell basis. The problem would be making the "water" lava if still part of the Tamriel world. One dungeon mod, I believe, solved this by changing Tamriel's water to lava when within "X" distance from a certain area (or in a certain cell), but unfortunately, the area in question overlooked the Imperial City, so it looked as if the whole city was an island in a sea of lava. It takes some placement/landscaping skill to make sure the sea/rivers/lakes never look like lava and the area itself never looks like water, but not impossible. You might look at Blackrock Mountain.

The second possibility I see is to wall off the entire crater and put it into a different worldspace, which solves both problems, but might look weird and otherwise mess with your vision.

Nah, water types can be setup per cell too.

To LoginToDownload, Daedric armor is full armor, and as to your first remark about them "wearing" the armor, that is what I meant [animated armor]. If you could get them to use a sword and shield (no spells neccessary) then that would be perfect.

To Vagrant0, thanks for the water advice. If you have time, could you give me a brief on how to do that individual cell water-height thing?

The water type would be standard water, by the way. No lava in the Tamriel worldspace; and I was thinking of just copying one of the obscure Oblivion worlds and messing with it a little.

Oh, okay... I assumed, since you said it was a volcano-crater... But if you knew they were using armor as part of their body instead of equipping it, why did you think the player could take it? :unsure:

On the faceless front, I can't make them play any sounds associated with creature animations and not human ones. That means no "aware", "idle" or "attack" sounds, which are the only real reasonable way to do Dremora taunts. I know vaguely how to solve it, (Adding something to the animations via NifSkope) but the place I would add it to going by CSWiki doesn't seem to be there, or I don't know how to access it.

However, on the plus-side, they have full-on conversation capabilities with the player, (only for practical purposes, and even then Persuasion crashes the game. It doesn't zoom in on their face or anything, and I doubt you can do voice-acting with it. On the bright side, however, the dialogue stays up indefinitely even without "silent" MP3 dialogue, so that will cut down on filesize) including recognization of their disposition and ability to alter the disposition through dialogue.

Don't worry too much about face-to-face interaction and dialogue; these guys just need to be able to charge blindly into battle and recieve a beat-down. I'm afraid I can't help with those computer locations; sorry. And you are all sure that there is no way to fix that too-many-NPCs-overload thing so we can actually use NPCs?

(Oh, and touché to that starting remark, Login... :glare: )

You might look at the SetSceneIsComplex, SetAllVisible, and SetAllReachable commands. Will test how NPCs deal with it later.

And, actually, I'm starting to think of these Faceless as a project, so I'd like to get everything going well at one point and release as a modder's resource. I don't suppose anyone reading this is a NifSkope wizard?

Finally, since there are no stupid questions, (Only inquisitive idiots :P) how does one type accents like that??

You might look at the SetSceneIsComplex, SetAllVisible, and SetAllReachable commands. Will test how NPCs deal with it later.

Those functions can be used to reduce the processor load of the combat AI, making it so that those checks are always treated as true, no matter what the area looks like. In this case, setallvisible would really be the only one you would want to use unless the whole area is fairly flat, obstruction free, and open. If you have anything like trees, rocks, buildings, setsceneiscomplex and setallreachable would be a bad thing since it would cause NPCs to get caught by those obstructions. Setallvisible might also be bad in that situation since you will just have NPCs charging at eachother, no matter where they might be. While the AI still does this to some extent durring normal combat, this is usually a bigger issue at the start of combat, or durring any breaks.

First off, I am most definately NOT a NifSkope "wizard" :mage: (I've always wanted to use that dragon thing). Secondly, I am not a scripting wizard either. Truth be told, i have no IDEA what all that stuff you just rattled off was. The links you provided were helpful in explaining it, but scripting is not my strong suit. I don't even think it is my suit.

I can help you out with your accent problem, though: to create that particular "é" in any typing document, use the number keypad and hold ALT and type 130. Just because I'm such a nice guy, here's a site for reference as to the accents: http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/interna...ts/codealt.html

I didn't learn how here; I was taught at school. I just found this for you. (I help you - You help me; could you point me in the right direction with scripting and the such-like?)

Archived