⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Dragon City Mod

Triforce1

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@Madman: The island would be on the surface. Think Crater Lake, but with an island more suitable for building a city upon. Maybe a bigger lake, as well.

As for the Dwemer bit...divine intervention is exactly what caused them to disappear, everywhere.

I got my Idea now =)

Well, according to the Timeline in the ueswiki Chinmer and Dwemer fought a war war, but not against each other, they fought united against the Nords to drive them out of morrowind.

I was sure i read the Chinmer and the Dwemer fought each other, with the Chinmer emerging as Victors and the Dwemer not emerging at all.

All Versions of the History have one thing in common: Mysterious.

The Dwemer went to nowhere known. Perhaps they where somehow forced by Daedra Prince or Divine to go to another realm or something. All, or at least most dwemer must have gone to whereever they went on their free will.

Perhaps trough some kind of magical portal to the Realm of Hermanus Mora, where the Dwemer could read every scientific Knowledge they craved for since they first existed.

Maybe they found some means to protect themselves from going mad in this giant Library.

If so, they would all go there joyously =)

Imagine a Polonaise of 100 Dwarves, marching into a "Stargate" Kind of Portal, singing Happy Happy Joy Joy :D

Well, some Dwemer are left behind, to build this city, perhaps as some sort of last Dwemer Outpost in Tamriel, to monitor the Developent of Men and Mer.

And now, heres my Idea to why theres no dwemer in the Dwemer City. Their all dead. Not much of an Idea, but it will make the whole thing easier as you wont have to build Dwemer running around.

Why they are dead? bedause, the higher Pressure in an underwatercity wont let the Dwemer testicles work right.

The higher pressure has effects even if you arent in the Water. In a Submarine, the Pressure gets higher when you dive deeper. The whole thing is being crunched without you noticing it.

Well, according to "Madmans just made up Book of Dwemer physiology, Volume one", Dwemer Spermatic Cords are extremly narrow. Under higher Pressure, they'll get cramped.

Under that Sort of Circumstances, they could build an entire City underwater without even noticing that they are beeing sterile as long as they are under Water.

Human Junk can go completly sterile without the Man attached to it even noticing.

An underwatercity would fit perfectly. There can be some explanation made up to why it has been gone unnoticed for pretty much all of its history.

With that City beeing underwater, you could explain pretty much everything.

If that City is to be above Water, well, that would be boring wouldnt it? It would need true mastery to make up some Story which explains the whole Junk, other then some "Has been concealed by magical means." Boring!

But then, it has some practical uses. Yesterday night, i obviously hadnt the right "Physics" in my Brain.

A Tunnel underwater can not be done, as there ist no physically correct Water. Can may build a Tunnel, but it will be flooded because the Water wont "care" if your Tunnel is watertight.

It wont be "flooded" either. The Water will just "be" there if the Tunnel goes below its surface.

You can build a underwatercity, like a city under some Kind of Glass- or "Magical Forcefield"-Dome.

You may build an exterior to look at from inside the City, something that looks like a Floor of a Lake.

But since theres no physical Air or physical Water, you cant hold a bubble of "Air" under the "Water". You can just build something that looks like you have done something like that.

Which brings me back to the "unzoneable" Mounts. How to bring to Dragonmounts past the Citydoor, portal, whatever?

Got another Idea. Underwatercity it is =)

Are the Bodies of Water some sort of Ojects you may model as you need them? Then that city would be easy to make, form a body of Water and make a "dent" on its bottom to fit the City in.

Or is the Water some "Filler" like in most mapping Programms for other Games? In some Editor Programs, you have a Waterlevel which stays constant on the whole "Map", "Level", "Zone", "Cell", whatever you may build there. If you raise this Waterlevel, everything belos this level will be flooded. You cannot create some Mountainlake with a Waterfalls thundering down, making sparkling Rainbows.

Some Editors however, have some "Lake" Objects, so you may place Water above your Waterlevel. With an animated Waterfall object and an "sparkling Rainbow effect placement" object, some beautiful Things can be done.

Oblivion Water acts as a Filler, i think. If you raise the Water in a lake in Jerral Mountains to a level where it would overflow its Lake bed, it would fill prettymuch all of Cyrodiil. Same thing goes if you build a Lakebed with Rock-Objects. If your Lakebed isnt "Watertight" the whole thing will flood everything below.

Kinda like your generic Paint programm: If you have the Fillerthing activated and fill something with "red", it will be Red. But if the line forming the Borders of your "Something" has one Pixel missing, you'll see red. On your whole Screen, that is.

Some Lakes of Cyrodiil have Waterfalls attached to them. These are animated Objects which are "Watertight" in this Sense. There is a Transparent Object Containing the "Water" and the Waterfalls Animation.

You could fit a City within a "Cylinder" out of Waterfall objects. The City would be below Waterlevel, but on an Island. Would solve the Mount Problem =)

And it could explain how the City remained undedectet for some Centuries. In some Lore books could be some Story of the City beeing underwater protected by your ordinary day-to-day Captn Nemo Glass Dome.

GOD GOD MAN ARE YOU THAT DENSE??? :wacko: Madman, I leave you alone with your thoughts for 24 hours and you fly off the handle. I see Abramul has tried twice to get you to see the light. THE CITY IS ON AN ISLAND...ABOVE WATER...GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!!! I would explain the whole thing, but I have too much to do. Expect a FULL detailing of the city tomorrow evening. are you just not reading other posts before you post, or are you truly mad? By the way, quit with the Dwemer. They're awesome, but not for this application. Totally different thing, you'll see tomorrow.

Oh yeah, shadowace, welcome aboard. sharpen those scripting skills, because we need inventive scripters the most.

Much appreciated! again I state; welcome aboard. You are the first person to actually commit to this, so you should recieve a prize. I am not, however, in the position to give out prizes at the moment, so find that fishy-stick distribution fellow and see if he won't give you one. Talk to ya'll tomorrow.

just the attitude I like to hear! Now for your first test, you said you could retexture stuff; can you retexture a ship with the metal from daedric armor? Those will be the daedric pirate ships. Good luck!

SO! Good to see that you've made some progress! Furthermore, the community seems to be reacting well enough to the whole idea, which is a nice plus. Anyway, As always, I'll help out any way I can. It looks like you've already got someone working on the Daedric Ships, so I suppose I'll just take some of the lesser artistic measures. Furthermore, are any screenshots of the city yet available, I'd love to see what you've gotten done.

SO! yourself. Good to hear from you, Mr. Cat. I will get working on those screenshots right away. Expect them as soon as I figure out how to get them uploaded :glare: . Oh, and earlier, I had an awesome idea for a new character in the city. I've always wanted to see an outdoor market, so there is now a bazaar at the base of the tree (finished not an hour ago). Now, your job is the character...I picture the only Argonian in the city - he makes that fact clear. He should have a funny name, like Big Head from SI. He should be dressed finely, even though he lives in a tent next to the bazaar. And he should also boast about being the only open-air market in Cyrodiil - to his most recent knowledge. Oh yeah, those pics will be uploaded before the night is done. And I found the Brigands Gear! (I had trouble before because someone forgot the "s". It was pretty cool, but my character is more suited to heavy armor. Sorry!

Bah! You prefer heavy armor only because you are a fool. A FOOL. But, rather than debate the finer points of armor weight-to-protection ratios with you, I'll merely reassure you that I have vastly improved in skill since that mod's creation. Furthermore: is there anything else you'd like me to do? I mean, a new character, especially an Argonian, won't take more than a few minutes. Lastly, we should probably reserve technical discussion of the mod and its members to Private Messages, so as not to clutter this thread.

Archived