TheHyruler

Hello pepz of the almighty internet.

So we all know the Creation Kit is not perfect... Or good... But I'm having some issues that just dosn't make any sense. The CK crashes all the time and it crashes for the weirdest reasons, though it seems to somehow be consistent, or so I thought...

The CK crashes when I tried to go to a Commonwealth cell which I had edited a little to make a few more changes. Meaning of course that I had the ability to go there before and I have gone back and forth to that cell plenty of times before however out of nowhere I started to crash whenever I tried to even load that cell... If I went to a nearby cell and manually navigated my way over to the edited cell the CK would crash upon trying to load it.

It also crashes upon closing the CK (Not that that's really that big of an issue... I mean I was closing it anyway), bit the hair the broke the camel's back for me is that first it destroys my chances for even participating in the Fallout 4 contest but now it also crashes when I try to make a mod that contains content from DLC's...

So now that you know of my struggle (The struggle T_T) my actual question here is, are there any programs that are required for the CK to work properly? My friend tried to open my mod and he could do everything I couldn't and he also says he have never even experienced the CK crashing. I have updated my driver, checked if I'm using the most up to date version of the CK, updated Java, updated Flash and googled for answers for what is probably turning into hours now...

Any help is appreciated, cheers.

Darn, there goes my initial theory. Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you and have to resort to using FO4Edit to do my modding.

It's so retarded how I keep finding people having this issue but literally noone who have the slightest clue as to what the issue actually is.

I haven't had any problems with the Creation Kit crashing since I reinstalled my operating system on my new ssd.

It seems to me like the new update is working good. When was the last time you updated your Creation Kit?

Each time I log into the launcher I am assuming it is checking for updates.

I haven't had any problems with the Creation Kit crashing since I reinstalled my operating system on my new ssd.

It seems to me like the new update is working good. When was the last time you updated your Creation Kit?

Hello pepz of the almighty internet.

So we all know the Creation Kit is not perfect... Or good... But I'm having some issues that just dosn't make any sense. The CK crashes all the time and it crashes for the weirdest reasons, though it seems to somehow be consistent, or so I thought...

The CK crashes when I tried to go to a Commonwealth cell which I had edited a little to make a few more changes. Meaning of course that I had the ability to go there before and I have gone back and forth to that cell plenty of times before however out of nowhere I started to crash whenever I tried to even load that cell... If I went to a nearby cell and manually navigated my way over to the edited cell the CK would crash upon trying to load it.

It also crashes upon closing the CK (Not that that's really that big of an issue... I mean I was closing it anyway), bit the hair the broke the camel's back for me is that first it destroys my chances for even participating in the Fallout 4 contest but now it also crashes when I try to make a mod that contains content from DLC's...

So now that you know of my struggle (The struggle T_T) my actual question here is, are there any programs that are required for the CK to work properly? My friend tried to open my mod and he could do everything I couldn't and he also says he have never even experienced the CK crashing. I have updated my driver, checked if I'm using the most up to date version of the CK, updated Java, updated Flash and googled for answers for what is probably turning into hours now...

Any help is appreciated, cheers.

• 3 months later...

Yeah same problem here. CK crashes on several occasions: Mostly on loading cells and 99% while trying to enter a worldspace...

I guess (for me) it's a memory/low hardware thing as loading smaller cells is working fine... . I tried setting all rendering properties to the minimun, like disabling water and disabling all unnecessary visuals that will cost memory - without any success though.