New PC, can you tell me what I can run?

Fiinity

@ironbender:

I have seen more than once that you keep telling users that 4k textures are unnecessary and I think you should really stop doing so because

1. you actually CAN tell the difference and

2. even for bigger items the difference is noticeable.

Did you ever tried 4k textures for yourself or are you just repeating comments made by other (clueless) users?

And as long as your rig is good enough why should you care about impact?

I have seen you give this crappy advice many times also.

But unlike me you aren't obviously able to show why MY advice is crappy.

If 4k textures really wouldn't make sense like you keep telling users over and over again I just wonder why so many modders release 4k versions of their mods.

Just because YOU don't see any reason to use them or YOUR system is not good enough to use 4k textures and have a smooth performance outdoors you don't have to tell others that have a better system to take their hands off them.

And btw: my textures folder alone is close to 29gb and I am also using an ENB (True Vision, full graphics mode). I can't even remember when the last crash occured and I did NOT optimize a single texture and I get stable 45-60fps outdoors and 60fps indoors.

Edited by Novem99

@ironbender:

I have seen more than once that you keep telling users that 4k textures are unnecessary and I think you should really stop doing so because

1. you actually CAN tell the difference and

2. even for bigger items the difference is noticeable.

Did you ever tried 4k textures for yourself or are you just repeating comments made by other (clueless) users?

And as long as your rig is good enough why should you care about impact?

I have seen you give this crappy advice many times also.

But unlike me you aren't obviously able to show why MY advice is crappy.

If 4k textures really wouldn't make sense like you keep telling users over and over again I just wonder why so many modders release 4k versions of their mods.

Just because YOU don't see any reason to use them or YOUR system is not good enough to use 4k textures and have a smooth performance outdoors you don't have to tell others that have a better system to take their hands off them.

And btw: my textures folder alone is close to 29gb and I am also using an ENB (True Vision, full graphics mode). I can't even remember when the last crash occured and I did NOT optimize a single texture and I get stable 45-60fps outdoors and 60fps indoors.

We can agree to disagree. I didnt quote and call out your post. You qouted mine. Unless someone is giving flat out blatant poor advice you dont have to agree. If you wanna use 4k go for it. Too each their own.

My system is good enough i just chose not to use them. I also did give reasons why you shouldnt.

Edited by ironbender800