DAI Mods not appearing in game

Saintdane1121

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same problem as well;

any of my mods simply do not show up in the game, while the merging seems to go without any problems ( no error whatsoever).

I've already tried to merge only one, because I honestly only wish for one hair mod to work tbh- but without avail.

Even when I merged only, let's say the no waiting - war room mod, it does not work :(

the mods that I've currently have merged, but do not appear, are:

HD eye texture from Zachillios

Pulled back curls from kadust

longer fuller eyelashes from xstephyg

no waiting - war room

That is indeed odd. I can't remember if this appeared in my case as well, mainly because I did not pay much attention to everything occuring during merging. I just assumed that repair game/ delete troublesome mods etc would solve my case hehe. I have to say that I am glad that I'm not the only one with this problem ( well, it sucks for you), because I really thought that the problem was my game or computer.

When you go to your Update folder [usually under C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update, there should be a folder named "Patch". When I merged the mods, there appeared a new folder directly below the normal one, called "Patch_ModManager..." or something like that. It dissappeared when I deleted the merged folder and appeared again, when I merged mods, so I am pretty sure it has something to do with it. Strange is, that it somehow stopped appearing, but the mods did not work before as well, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

I am glad not to be alone with this problem. I hope we might help each other finding the problem. I really want to play the game and I don't want to start a new game over and over again [wich I did because I want everything of Solas]. It's frustrating and I don't want it to ruin my game experience.

If hair mods don't work... well, that's s#*! because they don't work in the Black Emporium so to use the new hair cut you would have to start a new game as well. ._.'

Oh that one!

It's the one mod manager created, all your mods are in it and it's the patch that is supposed to connect your mods with the game itself ( and make them actually work.) It previously wasn't this way, I think you had to create a patch yourself and put the mods in them to make it work? Something like that. I really don't have much knowledge about these things, I was already proud to have figured out how to work with mods.. I feel you, I have started a new game because of Solas as well lol

Hair mods are supposed to work if you put on the base hair that the hair mod is supposed to replace, leave the Black Emporium, and have mesh settings on Ultra, but it doesn't with me :(

I also hope we can figure this out together, otherwise, hope that DA4 has less bald heads and more NICE hair. ( or hope for an update of mod manager that might solve this problem, since we can't be the only ones right..?)

Yep, I assumed it was he "merged" Patch, but I thought it would create automatically for everyone, because I did not read anything about it and it did for me.

It's probably my ... eighth new game I started for him, because I tried different things like running DAI and the MM as an administrator. I really think Solas should appreciate the hours and days I spent just to romance him as a male elf.

Well, hope dies the last... [if that's in the right order?] But I probably shouldn't be excited about DA4 if I didn't even finish DAI yet.

Eighth? Oh dear, this is my 4th new game/ second playthrough. I really wished to start the new game with mods, but my inquisitor turned out rather nicely, so I'm now: fudge it, my elf inquisitor is going to romance that egg head with or without mods, wether he likes it or not. I still would like to have mods though, I like variety and would love to be able to switch between hair mods that look at least decent and have PJ retextures, because, who in the world of the maker designed those awful Pajamas. Some say that reinstalling the game might help, but I'm afraid to lose the progress that I have now and that the mods don't work even after that.

I know... It's not far away from ruining my game experience. :/

Yes, I thought about that too, but maybe I should try it anyway. Would be s#*! if I'd not even try. I am just tired of trying and hoping and not beeing able to play the way I want.

Hah, the pyjamas... yes. Well, I found the formal ones rather nice. Love uniforms. But the standart ones are really ugly. Well, I guess that's a thing of taste as well.