⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

DAI Mods not appearing in game

Saintdane1121

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@yroxay

Ahh, well I didn't choose that option so it isn't the same problem with me unfortunately :( Perhaps it has to do with my computer, because the mods still don't work and I've tried multiple things... Either way, I have resulted in just playing the game without mods ( although I still wished to have fabulous hair-). Maybe I will download the game on my laptop and see if the mods work there, but I am honestly too lazy for that at the moment hehe.

• 9 months later...

I have a bunch of mods including some hair mods that were working a month ago but now when have the mods merged with out selecting a folder the game closes right before getting to the main menu. but boots up fine when mods are merged in a folder called merged. any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

ok quick update to my above post...NOW this is realy stating to piss me off, it does not matter what mod i have active. I did just for a test this mod called Cassandra's Wardrobe and put it in with the mod manager in a folder called "merged", when though the start of the game and no armor change. and the I deleted the folder merged and in the mod manager instead of choosing a folder I left that part unchecked. HERE IS WHERE IT IS PISSING ME OFF! the game boots up and then closes with no error, and just to see if it was that mod or all mods I chose the Classic Commander - Enhanced and the SAME THING HAPPENED! I am starting to think the game is broken for mods. any help would be grateful.

Edited by Arturios

1,399 mod files with 7.36 million D/Ls (and counting) here on the Nexus says no, the games is not "broken for mods."

Admittedly, the Frostbite engine makes modding it more difficult than for some other games. But the Community has stepped up and made it happen!

The mod you identified above ("Cassandra's Wardrobe") was made over 18 months ago and never updated. It may not be compatible the latest version of the ModManager.

OK that mod was an example none of the mods i have seem to work. as stated i use the mod manager and have the mods merged into folder "merged", however when creating my character (some of the mods i have are for hair and face) non of them show up at all. Now when taking and having the mod manager merge the mods WITHOUT designating a folder the game starts up but before even getting to the main menu game closes with out a error now this was not happening a few months ago however I don't know if within that time the game had a update or the mod manager did. but now all mods don't work and then don't load even on save games that they use to.

quick note when I merge the mods normal I put it in folder labeled "merged"

now few months ago before all this started my mods where in a folder the mod manager creats on it own if not designated labeled "Patch_ModManagerMerge"

Edit 07/30/2017 12:41am- I have a theory that I am about to test...I am going to delete my current mods re-download the ones I need/want and then test it. I will post the results and if needed ask for further assistance once done.

Edited by Arturios

Test complete...mods still don't seem to "activate".

Edit 07/30/2017 3:00pm- Figured it out I needed to have 2 folders for my mods. A folder where I merged the mods in folder called "merged" and the other where mods are merged in folder called "Patch_ModManagerMerge". don't know why all I know is that all my mods now work

Edited by Arturios

• 3 months later...
[18/11/2017 16:36] Loading official patch.

[18/11/2017 16:36] Task failed. Error reported was:

Exception message: O acesso ao caminho 'cas.cat' foi negado.

Source: mscorlib

Target: Void DeleteHelper(System.String, System.String, Boolean, Boolean)

StrackTrace:

em System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound)

em System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)

em DAIModManager.MainWindow.PrepareDirectory(String directoryName, ModJob basePatchModJob, Dictionary`2 modResources, String patchDataPath, DAIToc& layoutToc)

em DAIModManager.MainWindow.BGWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

em System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)

em System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

how to solve?

how to solve?