Marrige/Romance

Sherap123

there more than few place in the game that has a opening for romance or a little less. Take the Alchemist in Skingard, the whole odd conversation. Has lead me to wish I had way to help her out. really now, how can I help you that.. Anvil the little Farm just out of the way, you have do the quest for husband and heirloom. Afterward she back on market for dating...

Now being an out right scoundrel like the Witcher or even getting the title of Casanova that could have some fun also. Running from Guards, duals with nobles...

Well, I understand that you want a typical "town-life", and I guess this isn't bad for some people. But if you're like standing in front of an Oblivion gate, and you fall in love, that is so typical american movies. Romance is the last thing you can think of when Mehrunes Dagon is destroying the imperial city, you know :P

Go to the official forums, there is currently a WIP thread that sounds promising:

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.ph...=748262&hl=

ummmmmmmmmmmm the link is broken :thanks: :confused: :wallbash: :verymad: lol please post a new link to it thanks

:banana: :bunny:

:stupid:

Am I the only one who noticed that buddah's post is from 2007?

Well, I understand that you want a typical "town-life", and I guess this isn't bad for some people. But if you're like standing in front of an Oblivion gate, and you fall in love, that is so typical american movies. Romance is the last thing you can think of when Mehrunes Dagon is destroying the imperial city, you know :P

Your right birri, it is lifetime movie moment...

Scoundrel, a Casanova those are the types you might find at the gates..... Close a gate, clean yourself up. Head to local tavern or Inn and talk to some locals , find a desirable delight. Then some time in the night run from a angry father, husband and or town watch and legion. Something in that order....

Count of Leyawiin, might be one those angry husbands..... I hate to boil it down to this, but really Oblivion needs mercenary love.

On the issue of marriage

Kvatch aftermath mod, marriage would be apart of the station

Well,

For me (i'm too young to know if there were any better before) the best romancing game was Baldur's Gate. It may be becouse i raised on that game ;], and it's just my good memories. But i doubt that. In Baldur's Gate there was a plenty of good talking. Well, Your companion could be putted into all quests. I mean it wouldn't change anything, but would give You some adivices after a line of talk of NPC or when Your are entering anvil she/he ;) starts telling about his history and this place or for example when you enter some tavern near road she/he starts to speak to somebody - guy, then You hear is her exboyfreind or something and a compliaction comes ;]. This plus good lines of text, really thoughted, writed background of that character and a good voice would make a perfect companion for any game ;). Couse most of those "weak" rpg games characters are really empty (in history and fellings), and where's all fun there if not there? In orc texture?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Romance is very possible In oblivion if it is well executed. It wouldn't be a simple mod either. It would require a team of at least three dedicated people to make it. one is the writer, one is the mod maker/scripter, and one is the voice actor. cause i couldn't see a romance mod without a voice actor.

and if anyone doubts this look at morrowinds Julan. I thought that was a great mod.

• 11 months later...