Help: Skyrim "data files" unclickable

kiekieboek

You need to add that line in SkyrimPrefs.ini located in My document/MyGames/Skyrim or something. I don't use win 7 so figure it yourself, pleasa:D).

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

Good luck. :psyduck:

worked for me too thanks man

btw an easy way to find the [launcher] section in the ini is to ctrl+f that mother, then just goto the end and add that line

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've opened the SkyrimPrefs.ini file, it already had bEnableFileSelection=1 under launcher.

Tried copy pasting, no go. Tried changing it while game was loaded then reloading, no go.

Tried making a completely new file, copy pasting the old text, no go.

It's not set to Read Only, and I have UAC completely turned off, so administration issues aren't relevant.

This wasn't even a problem really until I started using the 4gb skyrim loader. I can't load files via NMM now so I have no .esp, .esm etc. from my mods.

No idea what to do. For full disclosure, this is the box version, not the steam version.

EDIT: Herp derp. I didn't realize SkyrimPrefs.ini was in TWO places.

For those who are still having problems, make sure you're editting the SkryimPrefs.ini in your User\[Account name]\Documents\My Games\Skrim folder.

Works perfectly now.

Edited by CanadaAotS

Alright ill show the best solution and it will work.

go into your skyrimpref.ini under mygames in documents. Ctrl +F find launcher and yourll see something like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRatio=3

edit it to look like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRatio=3

bEnableFileSelection=1

save and exit and it should work

Try setting the option to " 0 " and then loading the launcher. While the launcher is loaded, change it back to " 1 " and save the file. Then close the launcher, and then reopen it. Might work, might not. Let's hope?

i tried exactly that. but it says 'access is denied' when i try to save over it. any ideas?

thanks.

Alright ill show the best solution and it will work.

go into your skyrimpref.ini under mygames in documents. Ctrl +F find launcher and yourll see something like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRatio=3

edit it to look like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRatio=3

bEnableFileSelection=1

save and exit and it should work

worked for me thank you very MUCH

The files i exacly where you said it would be

Edited by Wolfpyre

I had the same problem as you but this did the trick.

You need to add [Launcher] bEnableFileSelection=1 at the TOP of the SkyrimPref.ini that is in your My Games folder (C:\...\My Games\Skyrim), NOT in the installation folder!

access denied sounds like something's read only. I have this problem. The folder Skyrim is in including its subfiles 'n folders are all read only and for some reason I cannot change this. I have admin access too. Edited by Dragazhar