Help: Skyrim "data files" unclickable

kiekieboek

You need to add that line in SkyrimPrefs.ini located in My document/MyGames/Skyrim or something. I don't use win 7 so figure it yourself, pleasa:D).

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

Good luck. :psyduck:

hmm... the data files now works for me but i can't even load a save because it quits after the skyrim logo when the Contiune, start new game appears... now what to do??? :wallbash:

Try this website, there are plenty of bug fixes on it;

http://www.guide4games.com/index.php/fixes/868-the-elder-scroll-v-skyrim-crashes-freezes-crash-to-desktop-ctd-blackscreen-bad-framerates-sound-error-and-fixes#h0-9-problem-5the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-crashes-during-or-after-the-loading-screen-fix

If it dosen't work, try taking off some of your mods till it works again, then put back and test one by one every mod you unistalled till you find the one that crashes your game. If it still dosen't work, it's probably because of something you messed up in you SkyrimPrefs.ini

Hope this helped!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to add that line in SkyrimPrefs.ini located in My document/MyGames/Skyrim or something. I don't use win 7 so figure it yourself, pleasa:D).

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

even after all of that, i still can't access the data files

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

dude thanks u save my day ^^

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

even after all of that, i still can't access the data files

neither can i

I've opened the SkyrimPrefs.ini file, it already had bEnableFileSelection=1 under launcher.

Tried copy pasting, no go. Tried changing it while game was loaded then reloading, no go.

Tried making a completely new file, copy pasting the old text, no go.

It's not set to Read Only, and I have UAC completely turned off, so administration issues aren't relevant.

This wasn't even a problem really until I started using the 4gb skyrim loader. I can't load files via NMM now so I have no .esp, .esm etc. from my mods.

No idea what to do. For full disclosure, this is the box version, not the steam version.

EDIT: Herp derp. I didn't realize SkyrimPrefs.ini was in TWO places.

For those who are still having problems, make sure you're editting the SkryimPrefs.ini in your User\[Account name]\Documents\My Games\Skrim folder.

Works perfectly now.

the edit worked thank you for helping me out before i lost my mind