Is Bethesda trying to distance themselves from Steam and Nexus?

RattleAndGrind

Caballeros, en ingles para los personas que no hablan espanol. Por favor. Y gracias.

And I shall take my own advice.

These forums have already beat the "Bethesda v Nexus et al" discussion to death. I see no need to address it again.

But the question about Steam is new (at least to me). Is Bethesda positioning itself to take control of the electronic delivery of their games to PC? Here is my tuppence.

• Releasing Fallout Shelter for PC via the Bethesda.net Launcher does not necessarily indicate a long term trend. Then again, it might. Every trend has to start someplace. We will just have to wait and see.
  • Bethesda has a lot of games which have been delivered via Steam. If Bethesda is moving from Steam, what happens to those games. Will Bethesda continuing supporting those games there? Will they move them to the new distribution scheme? Or will support for those games be on both delivery schemes for a period time?
  • Currently, a Bethesda.net account is required to use the Bethesda.net Launcher. If Bethesda is moving from Steam, the Bethesda.net requirement may (repeat 'may') be the replacement for the "social" community of Steam.

So my thinking is that if Bethesda is moving to control the electronic delivery of their games, Bethesda.net and the Bethesda.net Launcher are logical pre-positioning moves. Only time will tell if they truly moving in that direction.

Edited by FriedGeoduck