Top Posters In This Topic

So is my choice correct?? I have a few questions:

Am i able to add another video card?

Is the fan and coolers suitable?

Will it fit in my case?

Will it last?

Any parts i could improve on?

Nvidia or Radeon?

Do these games work on it well (on average 50+ gps minimal stuttering)

Fallout 4 (modded)

The New Skyrim Special Edition

Doom

Gta 5

Edited by Dogeman44

Am i able to add another video card? With your current choice of PSU, no. You'l need a higher wattage one (750W would be preferred)
Is the fan and coolers suitable? Since you have no plans on overclocking anything, yes they'll be fine.
Will it fit in my case? Yes. In fact, you could scale down to a mid tower and still have some space.
Will it last? Yes.
Any parts i could improve on? Replace one of those HDD's with an SSD. Also, that case has a fan controller included. A Sentry 3 controller isn't necessary.
Nvidia or Radeon? I prefer Nvidia. They cost a bit more, but perform better. But if you go with a GTX 1060 ($50 USD more than an RX 480) then you won't be able to add a second GPU.

And since you'll likely be playing these games in 1080p, those games should run fine.

Edited by GoliathUnit13074

Looks like a great system, although without a ssd you're losing the majority of potential performance benefit in current PC systems. The difference is like night and day for everything from booting the OS itself to running games and other applications. Beg or borrow to add a Samsung SM951 and thank us later imo. They're made with both AHCI and NVMe controllers, the latter is a bit faster but both devices are amazingly quick, cold start to Win 7 64-bit desktop in under nine seconds etc. We don't even have to worry about our cat jumping on our computer anymore, since there's no longer a crash potential for a moving hard drive. The only downside we've found is that going back to sata systems now takes a lot more patience than it used to. :smile:

I also second (or third) the advice to go with a 1060. Nvidia has the clear advantage for noise/temps/performance until the next generation, and 1060 is the minimum spec for some (within a year or two, many imo) VR games.

Edited by TheMastersSon

Looks like a great system, although without a ssd you're losing the majority of potential performance benefit in current PC systems. The difference is like night and day for everything from booting the OS itself to running games and other applications. Beg or borrow to add a Samsung SM951 and thank us later imo. They're made with both AHCI and NVMe controllers, the latter is a bit faster but both devices are amazingly quick, cold start to Win 7 64-bit desktop in under nine seconds etc. We don't even have to worry about our cat jumping on our computer anymore, since there's no longer a crash potential for a moving hard drive. The only downside we've found is that going back to sata systems now takes a lot more patience than it used to. :smile:

I also second (or third) the advice to go with a 1060. Nvidia has the clear advantage for noise/temps/performance until the next generation, and 1060 is the minimum spec for some (within a year or two, many imo) VR games.

Yes the motherboard supports the Samsung SM951, these are very fast indeed

Â

Yeah I've had a look about SSD and it sounds amazing I'm going for Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500gb