Nexus mods website not working with Firefox

Sharang

Hey everyone,

Just needed some help with firefox.

I can open the nexus mods page but it doesn't seem to work properly with firefox, some options like if you hover the cursor over files there is a drag down option, it works with chrome and internet explorer but not with firefox which is my default browser.

Also if i click on log in it simply refreshes the page rather than the field for entering username and password popping up.

I tried to fix it but to no avail!

As for internet explorer and Chrome, the download with mod manager option doesnt seem to work, for Chrome nothing happens and for Internet explorer it opens windows explorer showing the desktop, which is quite odd!

Really need some insight here, guys!

I use FireFox and it works fine for me. We will need a little more info on things like any ad ons that block stuff. I found that an add on called Privacy Badger caused some functions to not work.

I use FireFox and it works fine for me. We will need a little more info on things like any ad ons that block stuff. I found that an add on called Privacy Badger caused some functions to not work.

I have adblocker disabled for nexus mods anyway and it yet it doesnt work :(

That's a javascript issue. Basically something in your browser settings, browser plugins or software on your PC is blocking the javascript on our site from loading.

any suggestions on figuring out how to resolve it?

Ok i resetted firefox and it seems to have fixed it, however now i get this error when i try to download with nexus mod manager:

The address wasn’t understood Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (nxm) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address.

That's a javascript issue. Basically something in your browser settings, browser plugins or software on your PC is blocking the javascript on our site from loading.

any suggestions on figuring out how to resolve it?

Ok i resetted firefox and it seems to have fixed it, however now i get this error when i try to download with nexus mod manager:

The address wasn’t understood Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (nxm) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

Ok, i ran NMM has admin just unticked nxm Url and then ticked it again, this fixed it! Thanks for telling me about the javascript, Dark0ne! That led me to the right direction! You're a good man!

Ok, i ran NMM has admin just unticked nxm Url and then ticked it again, this fixed it! Thanks for telling me about the javascript, Dark0ne! That led me to the right direction! You're a good man!

i'm already started think that nexus have problem with ff or adblock \ ublock or some symbols in password... but it's fixed problem

it's worked! thanks

• 2 years later...

The address wasn’t understood

Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (nxm) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

what the fak

Wow, that's some way to unearth a dead and buried topic with a new problem completely unrelated...

What button or link were you trying to click there? 'Cause "nxm" is the protocol/file type used for "manager" downloads, so it should've been one of the "download with manager" buttons, which will of course only work once you installed said mod manager(s).

Do you have Vortex installed (or Nexus Mod Manager, the previous one) already? If you don't have any mod manager installed, then pressing the buttons meant to start the manager will of course not work. If you do have a mod manager installed and it's still not working, then either the association was never implemented correctly or got lost during some changes to your OS or software later on. Most managers will have an option to re-associate the file type/protocol with themselves, so your OS and browsers will know again what to do with these.

If you're having problems getting Vortex to work, the fine folks over here will help you along: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/4306-vortex-support/

If you're having trouble with the no longer officially supported Nexus Mod Manager, then you can ask the community for help here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/439-open-beta-feedback/