Permanently Change Carry Weight?

sarnz

So, I am tired of having to run back to down all of the time... I try to keep a pretty minimalist stock of things in my inventory, but still I fall between 150-200 for the crap I use. I spend more time in the menu figuring out what I should drop or keep, then after each dungeon I fast travel back to town and sell it all. I want to be able to explore and get into the game without having to worry about that as much... I play on master using only equipment I can find / buy / steal, so I die a lot, and I'd prefer not to use console every time I quick load!

Any way to do it?

Type "player.modav carryweight 400" into console, the 400 can be any number and that is the amount it will add to your carry weight.

I play on master using only equipment I can find / buy / steal, so I die a lot, and I'd prefer not to use console every time I quick load!

Like micalov said use "player.modav", using "player.setav" does not change it permanently which is why it reverts after every quick load.

Companions make great pack mules, an extra 300 pounds or so is awfully handy. If you don't want to have them fight with you then you could tell them to stay back and just carry stuff for you.... not ideal I know. :/

The more I play Skyrim, the more I think that the "QuickStore" mod from Oblivion is/was a Must Have Mod for me. I really hope that it can be adapted to the game once the CK is released.

I have 200k currently only picking up items that are worth 10x their weight in gold. Now I am to the point where I only looting items 100x their weight in gold and can clear multiple dungeons without having to go back to town. Making your companion into a pack mule with weight carrying enchants on his gear will help too. Edited by aguliondew

• 4 years later...

Type "player.modav carryweight 400" into console, the 400 can be any number and that is the amount it will add to your carry weight.

will that be permanent or will it have to be done all over again if you close the game for a bit then come back and start the game up again?

Edited by Guest