Older Skyrim Mods

Sharlikran

Some do after the esp has been loaded and saved with the new CK and nif files have been converted. Make sure you read the entire post by OP

By the looks of this post and the one he linked, I'm gonna have to be a lot more involved in my modding than before. I don't make mods, but am I gonna have to get the creation kit? There are a lot of terms going over my head right now. If there is a forum that describes how to get into modding SE, can anyone link it? I wasn't able to find it myself when I looked for one.

Some do after the esp has been loaded and saved with the new CK and nif files have been converted. Make sure you read the entire post by OP

By the looks of this post and the one he linked, I'm gonna have to be a lot more involved in my modding than before. I don't make mods, but am I gonna have to get the creation kit? There are a lot of terms going over my head right now. If there is a forum that describes how to get into modding SE, can anyone link it? I wasn't able to find it myself when I looked for one.

If you plan on porting (changing) mods from Oldrim (Old Skyrim) to Skyrim Special Edition (SSE) yourself, you will need the creation kit (CK) for SSE which comes from Bethesda.net

You are on the forums for SSE modding. This one is for troubleshooting, if go back up one forum branch you will see 3 other forums for SSE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have some problem and sorry for my english... Maybe someone could help me.

When I want use old skyrim mod (weapons, armors - files contains textures, meshes and .esp file, sometimes bsa archive) in remastered game I use NifOptimiser. I extract files from bsa aswell. And at the end edit esp in CK and save.

Recently I found a mod The Vassal sword. I extract files from bsa, optimise nifs, edit esp. Every mod I porting like this works fine. But with this is problem. I used command to add the sword to my inventory. But when scrolling down to it neme, game crash every time. I hope You can understand... Please help me.

• 5 months later...
ESM/ESP Files:

Records Broken by the Skyrim SE CK:

SPGD, 'Shader Particle Geometry'

Can those records, and only those records, then be repaired, perhaps in TESVEdit as a work-around to handle mods that rely upon those records? I was curious if this would work as a stop-gap solution.

Edited by twowolves80

• 1 month later...

ESM/ESP Files:

Records Broken by the Skyrim SE CK:

SPGD, 'Shader Particle Geometry'

Can those records, and only those records, then be repaired, perhaps in TESVEdit as a work-around to handle mods that rely upon those records? I was curious if this would work as a stop-gap solution.

I'm going to be updating the post, that was addressed with the release of the Skyrim SE CK for the CC. So now SPGD will no longer be broken by the latest CK.

Edited by Sharlikran

• 3 months later...

Hey all,

I've got a question regarding some oldrim mods that hadn't been converted to SSE yet.

Someone told me that old mods with "only" scripts controlled via MCM should work in SSE without problems with current SKSE and MCM.

I'm especially interested in:

Timing is Everything

and

SkyComplete

is it true that such mods doesn't need special conversion ? And if the start, will they work properly forever ?

• 8 months later...

Quick question, why do old mods have to be extra ported to SSE ? people say you cant just install old files into SSE

just out of spite, i installed a couple old retexture mods and they seem to work fine...

there a consequence to this i dont see as of now?