3 issues with my new custom NPC's I'd like help with, please

BlahBlahDEEBlahBlah

Hello,

Â

So to preface this, I fully admit that I gotten myself a bit overwhelmed by my current mod. Quite a bit, I'm sure, has been done poorly and probably at much lower standards than a lot of you would do it. However, I'm proud of myself and what I've been able to accomplish, this being (between my work on Skyrim, FO3 and FO4) the largest thing I've attempted here. =)

Still, I have to remember that it's okay to ask for help as I'm really quite far outside my field at this point. =)

Â

...anyhow...

Â

1) Their bodies, only while alive in game (while dead and in anytime in the Creation Kit they look fine), still have an old texture (or maybe just wrong texture, incorrect colors, and possibly even missing textures). I think I just don't get it. I've looked and looked and just don't know what I've done wrong. Obviously I've missed something somewhere.

What they should look like, and do look look like when dead ingame and unclothed (looted):

http://www.ledgeoftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Capture3.png

Â

2) The backs of their heads are, while having the right texture, are not the intended color. Edit: Nope, wrong texture in game completely, no matter the actor's state. (I'm sure I'm saying that incorrectly...I'm no graphic designer and the terminology escapes me) Again, I've obviously missed something.

http://www.ledgeoftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Capture2.png

Â

3) I'd like to attach a base to one of their feet (regardless of whether they are clothed or not, armored or not, etc...though I do understand I may have to add this to each of the outfits I've done for them). Specifically the mannequin base (I'll put in some pictures here). I'm having trouble getting it to move with the foot. I understand there may be many clipping errors, but I'm fine with that as long as it moves with the foot. I believe something to do with "bone weighting"...?

Something like this:

http://www.ledgeoftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Capture.png

Â

Thank you.

The Green Army (bad) and the Tan Army (good...because the Green Army was always the "good guys" in whatever lore that we've come up with for them, so just switched it up a bit) are two of the new factions (of the new race) in The Small Addition.

I'm happy with the factions themselves, just trying to clean the models up a bit before starting on the Brandy Doll race (most likely good allinged also...think Wonder Woman, but with an out of place fashion sense). =)

That mod was on my untested list, but... time to check it out. EDIT: I left a comment and endorsement. It reminded me of Honey, I Shrunk The Kids.

I thank you for that. =)

A raise in the download count always brings a smile to my face (not joking, every single time, heh).

P.S. While my appreciation is genuine, it also makes for a fine excuse to bump the thread. ;-)

...so double "thank you". =D

I kept thinking about the scenes with the water droplets from the sprinklers specifically when I was running around in the backyard.

Sprinklers will be in eventually...with one that leads to a dungeon, The Big Septic Tank. =)

...had them in before, but tried to make them 'On'...which just looked lame. =/

On topic:

Still fighting with the 'Alive' body (though not hands, feet, face) textures and all head backs. =/

Any ideas anyone?

Granted is it hard to tell on the Tan Army (re:head rear), and the body issue won't show up until you try to give them a Harness or some other revealing clothing).

The Green Army is *usually* dead before you get a good look at them (though the Fighters are right up in you face, if you're not quick).

To be honest, several of the textures I've put in are just recolored/repurposed vanilla textures and applied by way of Creation Kit and Nifskope.

Some meshes edited/chopped up with 3DSmax.

I really think I'm just not editing the correct meshes.

...actors have a lot of different parts, and I've become confused by it before, I expect Inmight be confused again here about which field links to when the body parts (head rear and alive body only, no others) show, or if I might be missing an obscure (by my standards) mesh.

The base thing is simple: I have absolutely no idea how to do bone weighting (still not even that's what I need to do anyway, or even if that's the correct term). =/

Whelp, that's # 2 taken care of. Had forgotten to redirect the *body* ArmorAddons to my new skin textures. Had done the other ones, just forgot the body one.

...Oh, I do sooo hate when I do that. Lame.

Anywho...

Still leaves the backs of their heads textured incorreclty and neck front is just not there at all, if anyone has a suggestion as to where to double check that.

Also, I've been looking at Bodyslide and Outfit Studio to see if I can get the base attached and moving with the foot, but I'm just not getting it. So, please, I'm still looking for suggestions on that if any kind person has any.

Thank you. =)