Major FPS drop within the first barrow.

chibaking

After finally stopping my constant CTDs. I'm able to play the game relatively smoothly at around 45-50 FPS (outside) on 1080p with the default ultra settings. On all interiors so far I'm hitting a constant capped 60.

I continued the game, and went to get the Golden Claw from the first barrow, and once up there and inside the door my frames plummet to around 20 and jump around, going higher and lower, and it gets rather unplayable.

So I'm aiming to lower some settings, and wondering what the main culprits inside there would be. Like Shadow Quality/Distance, Godrays Quality? and maybe any of the ticks like Screen Space reflections or Ambient occlusion/Precipitation occlusion.

I don't think the Snow shader, lens flare, or the 64-bit renderer would fuzz up FPS that substantially.

When I leave the Barrow, the fps drop seems to stick around for a while before it levels back out. Maybe it has something to do with the blowing snow? But i'm not sure that would be the same culprit as inside.

Any ideas here would be really appreciated as always.

ASUS Sabertooth 990fx mobo

AMD FX-8150 clocked to 4.0

EVGA GTX 770 2gb OC edition

8 gb ram

• 3 weeks later...

THE SOLUTION TO HAVE BETTER FPS IS TO UNLOCK IT....AND THE ONLY TUTORIAL ON YOUTUBE IS :

Skyrim Special Edition: Possible Physics Fix for High FPS Monitors

THIS IS THE ONLY SOLUTION AND IT WORK AND WITH NO CRAZY BUGS....FOLLOW ALL THE INSTRUCTION AND ALSO GO ON THE LINK TO MAKE SOME CHANGE AND THE SKYRIM INI....

NOW I CAN PLAY THE GAME WITH 145 FPS IT WILL DROP SOMETIME TO 100 FPS...

THE SOLUTION TO HAVE BETTER FPS IS TO UNLOCK IT....AND THE ONLY TUTORIAL ON YOUTUBE IS :

Skyrim Special Edition: Possible Physics Fix for High FPS Monitors

THIS IS THE ONLY SOLUTION AND IT WORK AND WITH NO CRAZY BUGS....FOLLOW ALL THE INSTRUCTION AND ALSO GO ON THE LINK TO MAKE SOME CHANGE AND THE SKYRIM INI....

NOW I CAN PLAY THE GAME WITH 145 FPS IT WILL DROP SOMETIME TO 100 FPS...

Unlocking the FPS in Skyrim is a bad idea since the physics engine is tied to the framrate. If the framerate goes over 60 then you'll see glitches like flying animals or table decorations launching across the room at the slightest touch.

YOU NEED TO FOLLOW ALL THE INSTRUCTION FROM THAT VIDEO AND ALSO VERY IMPORTANT TO GO ON THE LINK FROM THAT VIDEO ON YOUTUBE.....SOMEONE FIND OUT WHAT TO ADD IN SKYRIM INI FILE TO MAKE THE PHYSIC WORK WHEN YOU UNLOCK THE FPS.....IT WORK AND I HAVE NO ISSUE....I PLAYED LAST NIGHT 3 HOURS....

THAT THE ONLY VIDEO ON YOUTUBE TUTORIAL MAKE YOUR GAME WORK.......ALL THE OTHER VIDEO....WILL CHANGE NOTHING....IF IT WORK FOR ME IT SHOULD WORK FOR YOU ALSO ETC....