Selene Kate please come back :(

JoeB1961

can someone alrdy fix or recreate this mod? or are here just trash talkers? nearly half a year passed, and no f*#@ing modder created this mod, or an mod like that? why? what happened? skyrim is such a nerd game, where they do mods for everything and play all the day long, because they got no rl haha. so whats with this important selene kate mod? can actually someone create or fix this, that this will work properly in skyrim SE?

@ Gomez Copyright prevents us taking Kasprut's mod changing it and reloading / sharing it. If you wanted to do that you'd need to discuss intentions with the site moderators and see how permissions fall out.

That said, there is no reason why you folks can't convert Selene Kate as a personal project to use within your own SE game. She does not need SKSE - that's only for her MCM menu which was useless as Kasprutz never developed that bit.

All of her interaction is via dialogue options anyway. So forget the SKSE element.

Her animations need to be converted (easy-peasy) and you'd need to acquire the music as Kasprutz did not provide it in the mod.

Also - you do not need to alter her face NIF files because they work out of the box for Skyrim SE - Kasprutz put in all the UV tangents.

Only her clothes, weapons and horse need to be optimised.

I converted her for use in SE for myself, but I will not share the file as that's against the copyright requirements.

Pictures of her here in my SE game: https://ibb.co/bBwpd5 and https://ibb.co/gZExWQ .

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, and thanks for posting that you did get Selene Kate to work that is great news and gives me hope. I did attempt to port Selene Kate last night and everything seemed to work ok. I went to the inn and saw Selene sitting there np, but as soon as i walked up to her i got the dreaded CTD (twice). So i uninstalled her with hopes of getting a couple of questions answered to maybe see what i did wrong. Here is what i did:

I used a guide here from reddit in converting oldrim mods to SE.

Extracted BSA and afterwards deleted the bsa

Put nif optimizer into same folder with Selene Kate mod and ran that np, but it also converted facegen and whatnot, so maybe i shouldnt have done that but im not sure on this part of it.

Removed nif optimizer files afterwards

Zipped mod back up with new loose files and bo bsa

**For hkx files i ran an animation converter seemed to work fine

Installed manually using NMM

Used Creation Kit to name and revert to save the new esp for SE while making sure Kate.esp was the active mod

Finally ran SSEdit to make sure mod was cleaned also selecting update.esm along with the mod i was cleaning

Ran Loot for load order with no errors

Then ran mod and saw her but would ctd as i approached her both times

Does anyone know what i could have done wrong? Thanks. :)

Hi

First up, not sure what you did with the Creation Kit (CK). All I ever do is load the esp (kate.esp) and simply save it. I don't do anything else to it.

To do that you have to temporarily install the original mod in game, so you can use the CK to do the esp. You don't need to sort the load order, just pop it in for the CK work.

I take that saved ESP and return it to the mod ready for use and remove the temporary game installation.

The process of saving the ESP causes the Creation Kit to write out a new Facegen NIF. So long as you keep the original one handy, you can replace whatever the CK churned out. The CK produces a Bethesda "Horse Face" - yuk.

Once the esp is done, then do the meshes.

I use the NIF optimiser to optimise only the clothes / weapons / jewellery NIFs. BUT Kate's original face and hair files have all the UV Vector Tangents in them - Kasprutz was ahead of his time! So you do not need to optimize them at all.

I deleted the FOMOD and SkyUI folders. They are not going to work in SE. Then zip up the project for installation and install / sort as normal.

My guess is if you got a CTD then something happened to the ESP in the CK process. Other meshes and textures would just present in-game errors like no eyes or no hair, or something. If she looks OK from a distance then I guess the meshes and textures are OK and the moment the esp kicks in - down you go.

For other followers from Oldrim, Triptherift did a nice set of instructions: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5015185-how-to-port-custom-racemenuece-facegen-followers-to-sse-a-guide/

Let me know how you get on! We'll get her working.

Hi

First up, not sure what you did with the Creation Kit (CK). All I ever do is load the esp (kate.esp) and simply save it. I don't do anything else to it.

To do that you have to temporarily install the original mod in game, so you can use the CK to do the esp. You don't need to sort the load order, just pop it in for the CK work.

I take that saved ESP and return it to the mod ready for use and remove the temporary game installation.

The process of saving the ESP causes the Creation Kit to write out a new Facegen NIF. So long as you keep the original one handy, you can replace whatever the CK churned out. The CK produces a Bethesda "Horse Face" - yuk.

Once the esp is done, then do the meshes.

I use the NIF optimiser to optimise only the clothes / weapons / jewellery NIFs. BUT Kate's original face and hair files have all the UV Vector Tangents in them - Kasprutz was ahead of his time! So you do not need to optimize them at all.

I deleted the FOMOD and SkyUI folders. They are not going to work in SE. Then zip up the project for installation and install / sort as normal.

My guess is if you got a CTD then something happened to the ESP in the CK process. Other meshes and textures would just present in-game errors like no eyes or no hair, or something. If she looks OK from a distance then I guess the meshes and textures are OK and the moment the esp kicks in - down you go.

For other followers from Oldrim, Triptherift did a nice set of instructions: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5015185-how-to-port-custom-racemenuece-facegen-followers-to-sse-a-guide/

Let me know how you get on! We'll get her working

Thanks for the reply BlueGunk :smile:

With exactly what you did in front of me, It should really be easier to follow what you did. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks again :smile:

Edit: After following your instructions ....SHE WORKS!! :D It actually didn't work at first. I ran FNIS and all I was getting was T-Pose. What I did to fix it was I had to run the animation files (all of them in Kateanims and also her behavior hkx file) in havokbehaviorpostprocess installed with CK before I was able to get rid of the T-Pose. But now she is working and all is well again in my humble Skyrim abode. :) Thanks so much again :)

Edited by JoeB1961

Hey that's great! Glad to know she's ready to go. I downloaded the dance music for her off Google (a little trawl found a pack for her) and I got all her music and dance now.

Have fun!

Great to hear. I have had the music for oldrim so i was covered. Now with Selene Kate running with loose files instead of a bsa, i just may venture into changing out a few of her dances for ones i use from Dance Together. Oh the possibilities. :D

I may have jumped the gun when i said Selene was working, well, she is, but....for one thing i noticed the only way i have to dismiss her is to break up with her, but that would be bad. 2nd, her AI isnt working from what i can tell. She isnt sandboxing while following when we stop, unlike in Oldrim. From what ive read in the old posts on her mod page, she doesnt get along with AFT, which i use. But that was the only way to get the dialogue option to be able to dismiss her. Any insight into this? Im going to revert back to a save before i installed her because i forgot i use the UNPB body in SE compared to CBBE in Oldrim, so im going to download and convert the UNP version of her instead.

Hmm - sorry no insights on that. I have struggled a bit with the AFT in SE myself, particularly with Recorder. There are two AFTs, and I use the one by FakeTails http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6656/? which has JohnNav on board and says it is the best conversion from the original.

Apparently the other one was a bit borked but that may now be fixed.

Aft uses the "Dismiss but hang out here" option which ought to work. I used that successfully on followers.

Try changing load order, too?

I feel stupid, but digging ever deeper i believe you just use Selenes Soul (F2) to summon and unsummon or something like that. :) im at work right now hehe so i cant verify at the moment. You need to make sure that you dont use AFT. I have married her already but new i would going in :)

I hope you are the savy one for this next question: i was going to uninstall the cbbe version and use the UNP version, since with SE I elected to go with the UNPB BBP body and i would like to keep everything UNPB if i could. Now my question: Is it possible to download the UNP version and unpack the BSA and convert to SE and just replace the CBBE meshes/textures and others i might not about and just overwrite my existing files? If so, which ones would be necessary for me to copy over? Seems like a simpler way to go about it. Thanks. :)