Selene Kate please come back :(

JoeB1961

I had a look at my UNP esp, and I see Kate's "armor add-ons" are specified for UNP within it. So replacing them with CBBE but keeping the UNP esp would probably generate a CTD.

So in reverse, CBBE to UNP, you'll likely need to reinstall the lot. Probably a safer option anyway. Keep the CBBE in case you want to go back to it!

I had a look at my UNP esp, and I see Kate's "armor add-ons" are specified for UNP within it. So replacing them with CBBE but keeping the UNP esp would probably generate a CTD.

So in reverse, CBBE to UNP, you'll likely need to reinstall the lot. Probably a safer option anyway. Keep the CBBE in case you want to go back to it!

Yes I did completely Uninstalled and had to Convert the UNP version as well, but I look at it as good practice :smile: I figured I might as well do it now so I don't have to regret it later :smile: Plus the UNP body I can now use all of my 4 whole UNPB armors with her and not worry about any incompatibilities as its a variant of UNP :smile: :smile: Again thanks for your help :smile:

Now to try and find out if its possible to make her body UNPB :) Shouldn't just using my characters UNPB body, hand, and feet nifs and overwriting Selene's KateBody/nifs work? :) Or maybe its more involved than that :(

By the way, earlier in this thread I saw that Kasprutz never gave his permission for another modder to use from someone else. I found this though on Selene Kates Nexus mod page:

Kasprutz, on 15 November 2014 19:11:53, said:

Time to say long Good-Bye

Hello folks,

First of all, thank you guys for having an interest in my mods so far.

I know there are lots of work to do for the future upgrade in my mods.

And I'm really sorry to you guys for leaving without any nice conclusion for my mods.

I want to express my gratitude to the people that helped me when I started modding and my fellow modders.

But, it's time to say good-bye. I don't know whether/when I can be back to modding or not.

I'll be completely offline so I'll not get any email or PM. I just want to concentrate on my social work.

If you need any kind of permission for my work, no permission is required. Just give proper credits and link to original mod.

Bye,

Kasprutz

It seems that what you see now there is a shortened version so I'm at a loss here.....
Edited by JoeB1961

Kate's UNP TBBP-enabled body won't pick up TBBP unless you have a mod that brings TBBP animations into the game. Only let the XPMSE skeleton over-write Kate. Nothing else.

I installed the Dragonfly SE mod which has the TBBP animations and works with the XPMSE skeleton, and my mods pick up the animations installed by that. I overwrote Drangonfly's ghastly twirly idle.

Because HDT became so big in the Oldrim game, the TBBP stuff is a bit old now. I've looked around for alternatives, but Dragonfly's mod seems to be the 'standard'. There is the No-Maam stuff if you want to over-write Dragonfly's weirdly unnatural walk. But No-Maam was only a walk and a breathing idle.

I don't know about Kasprutz permissions. I do know people have tried to contact him, but unsuccessfully. The Nexus admin approach appears to be: no public redistribution of Kate / or upgrade of her, is going to happen without Kasprutz's express permission.

A personal conversion from Oldrim to SE does not infringe his copyright, and the Nexus team seem to allow that as "fair use".

In fact, as a follow-up, I don't think any of my followers use TBBP. There is a new Oldrim version of Kate that is supposed to use the XPMSE skeleton, but she does not bounce. I expect I'd have to use my player body meshes on the followers or something.

In fact, as a follow-up, I don't think any of my followers use TBBP. There is a new Oldrim version of Kate that is supposed to use the XPMSE skeleton, but she does not bounce. I expect I'd have to use my player body meshes on the followers or something.

Yep, I'm ok with Selene for now. Her dances work and I've actually been able to change them up with dances from another dance mod. The only thing that is too bad is that Selene's AI hasn't been working properly, but I would think would be expected with the way I got her to work in SE. All the things she says is on point to the old Selene in oldrim, but she has no sandbox routine when she is a follower of mine. She just follows along like a puppy dog and doesn't move from that spot until I do or we get attacked, while Serana sandboxes all over the place :( I have not used AFT on Selene at all being afraid to screw her AI up, but then if it's not really working fully then hmmmm.....I'd really hate to mess her up permanently...undecided at this point what I might do.

• 1 month later...