SE Creation Kit: Constant crashes in "Dialog Views" window

SkyrimData

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. I've been having to use Player Views as an alternative but it's much less organized. I hope someone does find a legitimate fix for this soon.

This issue came up for me just recently. I've been using the CK for a couple months now with very few crashes after I disabled sound in preferences. When it started crashing at Dialogue View last night, I uninstalled and downloaded again. Been working fine since. Hope they get a patch or something out soon though, I feel everyone's pain with the constant instability. :confused:

This issue came up for me just recently. I've been using the CK for a couple months now with very few crashes after I disabled sound in preferences. When it started crashing at Dialogue View last night, I uninstalled and downloaded again. Been working fine since. Hope they get a patch or something out soon though, I feel everyone's pain with the constant instability. :confused:

Are you sure? You can open one of your own quests manipulate something in the dialogue view and save it. Then the next time you load the kit you are able to work in the dialogues views of the same quest again without the kit crashing?

Edited by Masterofnet

Ok I think I may have it. RegSvr32 has two variants a 32bit and an 64bit the system seems to default to the 32bit version which is probably why its not registering the .dll for some people

Give this a try, open Notepad and copy 'n' paste these lines:

%systemroot%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe FlowChartx64.dll
@pause

and save giving it the name "RegSvr32FlowChart64.bat" or some other memorable name and choose "Save As" instead of "Save" and change type from ".txt" document to "All Files (*.*) that'll save it with the .bat file extension and not .txt.

Drop it in your root SkyrimSSE folder i.e. where SkyrimSE.exe is located...

Double click on the bat file and you should see a "DllRegisterServer in Flowchartx64.dll succeeded." message appear

(I'd attach a precompiled .bat file but apparently thats not permitted here)

Alternatively open a CMD prompt and type:

cd <path to your steam folder>\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

(substitute <path to your steam folder> for the real path i.e.

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\...

or wherever its located, mine is D:\Steam\...)

Maybe that'll fix it. Its a bit of a pain but it looks like Bethesda forget to register their own .dll properly.

Ok I think I may have it. RegSvr32 has two variants a 32bit and an 64bit the system seems to default to the 32bit version which is probably why its not registering the .dll for some people

Give this a try, open Notepad and copy 'n' paste these lines:

@pause

and save giving it the name "RegSvr32FlowChart64.bat" or some other memorable name and choose "Save As" instead of "Save" and change type from ".txt" document to "All Files (*.*) that'll save it with the .bat file extension and not .txt.

Drop it in your root SkyrimSSE folder i.e. where SkyrimSE.exe is located...

Double click on the bat file and you should see a "DllRegisterServer in Flowchartx64.dll succeeded." message appear

I gave this a try and got this error.

The module "FlowChartx64.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005

That means access denied.

I was able to successfully resister the FlowChartsx64.dll by running it in Command Prompt (Admin)

Edited by Masterofnet

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. I've been having to use Player Views as an alternative but it's much less organized. I hope someone does find a legitimate fix for this soon.

The module "FlowChartx64.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005

I was able to successfully resister the FlowChartsx64.dll by running it in Command Prompt (Admin)

Edited by Masterofnet

• 2 months later...

For the record you need to be in your skyrim folder to run this command.

So you need to cd Program Files, cd Steam etc... and be in the "Skyrim Special Edition" folder (and run as admin the command prompt)

But this still crashes :(

• 2 weeks later...

Stop, people, please. You do not have to CD all the way through Steam's directory tree.

Mouse-click your way to your Skyrim SE folder, go to File/Open Command Prompt/As Admin and there's your command prompt.

I swear it's like reading those old Win95 "How to install from CD" directions that tell you to "click Start/Run and type D:\Setup.exe where D:\ is the letter of your CD-ROM drive", when all you had to do was open My Computer (icon on the desktop created by default), then double-click the CD drive.

It's a mouse-driven Windowed interface, not DOS 6.22 for cryin' out loud.

That said, even though flowchart was successfully registered, it still crashes, so I doubt that's it. I'm thinking it's an issue with Flash.

Edited by DocNewcenstein

• 1 month later...

Anybody know of a fix for this issue? I've successfully registered the dll, run the launcher in admin mode, then run the creationkit.exe in admin mode. Same behavior as before: dialogue view screen crashes as soon as a topic on the left is chosen.