Fallout NV in Fallout 4's Engine Mod

zstephable2

So looking at the projects like Skyblivion and Fallout The Story mods have got me wondering if we could put New Vegas in the Fallout 4 engine or something of the like. There are so many mods that add New Vegas items into the game, why couldn't we just add the quests and environment too? I just want a discussion and maybe someday a plan to make this a reality.

If you've ever taken a look at how much effort goes into a project like that (Skywind is a great example) you'd see it is incredibly time consuming. You would literally need to remake every single asset in the game. Voice acting, art, sounds, world space, music, etc. would all need to be remade. It would be cool to see something like that happen, but I really doubt it will ever happen I'm afraid. There is a lot less love for the Fallout series as there is for the Elder Scrolls series. Plus, those games (Skywind and Skyblivion) have been in development for years and they still are not finished. Not hating, just saying. It would be kinda of neat though.

If you've ever taken a look at how much effort goes into a project like that (Skywind is a great example) you'd see it is incredibly time consuming. You would literally need to remake every single asset in the game. Voice acting, art, sounds, world space, music, etc. would all need to be remade. It would be cool to see something like that happen, but I really doubt it will ever happen I'm afraid. There is a lot less love for the Fallout series as there is for the Elder Scrolls series. Plus, those games (Skywind and Skyblivion) have been in development for years and they still are not finished. Not hating, just saying. It would be kinda of neat though.

I guess you're right, I'd love to see it happen. Maybe if I get some more experience modding I could get a group together or join a group to work on this project. Thanks for the input!

• 6 months later...