How To? Looks Menu/ Companion Jetpack's?

chris1892006

Hi I am new to modding games in this way.

I still don't know how to open the LooksMenu alone or Customization Compendium via console anywhere?

Also while using JetPack with advanced upgrade... hitting space doesn't really fly... just lifts off about 10 feet and stays... Is this right? I watch videos on Youtube and they are flying around more...

If I jump off a high mountain I can fly flat and straight but very slow, I'm sure that's normal but can't boost high into the air...

Also my Companion's spawn by me in the air and fall... Can I give them JetPack's too to fly with me?

Thanks

To get the looks menu, open console and type slm 14 (slm being short for showlooksmenu and 14 being the number given to your character by the game).

For the Jetpacks problem, better check with the mods and/or authors themselves.

Thank you bud.. Only issue is "Presets" Button "R" is like greyed out so I can't go to presets... Like preset faces for the Lovely stunning redhead, Jessie... any word?

I can't tell if there's a different between "slm player 1" and say for Piper "slm 2f1f 1" or idk ...? Face Presets? A and D buttons just rolls through the vanilla females not the gorgeous presets... haha

The game itself doesn't save/load presets, for that to work you'll need Fallout4 Script Extender (F4SE).

For extended tweaks, check Looks Menu.

Downloading presets through NMM will add them straight to the correct folders and the presets will then be accessible through the in-game looks menu, both at the start or through console further down the line.

I've never tried adding a preset look to any companion, but I guess that you'll need to open the console and then click on said companion to see what his/her I.D. is and use that I.D. after typing slm...

Do carefully read every preset's description as a lot depends on mods used to create said preset(s) and usually links of used mods are provided on the respective mod's page.

Also consider that even then, most presets never look exactly as seen in the original preset's screenshots.

"Downloading presets through NMM will add them straight to the correct folders and the presets will then be accessible through the in-game looks menu, both at the start or through console further down the line."

Are you on a PC when you do this? Because it ain't happening on my PC. I can find where the presets are on my computer but no matter what I do it does not change the presets listed originally by the game. They only time they have changed for me is when Bethesda added one or two through a patch or something.

I would love to put other faces into those presets and replace at least two that are just fugly!

Thanks for listening.

Yeah I'm on PC. I think I don't have versions right or something... Latest F4SE, latest looksmenu, latest customization compendium, plus latest game version.... Still doesn't work but i'm sure it's a much more complex configuration setup than lining up all 50 versions in perfect alignment and all that noise...

Nice. Thanks so I updated my game version, not sure how to tell which particular version but I know for sure it's 1.8.x version... Downloaded latest F4SE... Then do I need to have "LooksMenu" + "LooksMenu Customization Compendium" to get it all to work because I have both of them installed...?

It's kinda messed up sometimes when selecting to change Hair Color... Only the whole body turns orange or doesn't change the hair color and the color "Name" isn't the color shown... maybe that's normal with hair color mods?

I tried changing eye color... rather than changing eye color.. changed skin color .. kinda like super buggy

This is the Best solution I may of found so far... Sometimes a problem may be far more complex than one may first feel. So go all out on a solution in depth and detail, with intellect and complexity. So the learner will at least have a far idea of what needs to be done to solve the problem. I'm always very in depth, yet apparently everything goes over all heads.. So Frustrating.

If the Presets function is greyed out, that usually means a wrong version. Go into your Fallout4 game folder and make sure you don't have any "junk" files from older versions of F4SE. For the current version, the only files you need are:

f4se_1_8_7.dll

f4se_loader.exe

f4se_steam_loader.dll

Any other "f4se" files should be deleted.

Then go into .....steamapps\common\Fallout4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\ and verify that f4ee.dll and f4ee.ini are there.

Lastly, go to ......steamapps\common\Fallout4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Presets\ and make sure all your presets (.json files) are there.

Edited by chris1892006

I'm only using LooksMenu, but it can be used alongside the Compendium mod, as long as the former is loaded before the latter (i.e. Looks Menu needs to sit higher than the Compendium mod in your load order).

You also need to start the game through the F4SE launcher (can be done through NMM, top left of the interface) in order for mods relying on F4SE to work.

F4SE doesn't work on consoles because F4SE needs to access the game's executable which console builders won't allow, so, yes, we're on PC...

Thank you bunches for clearing that up... I'll work on it a bit more... still no presets yet but i'll look over that little description I posted above... I actually reinstalled the whole game and used less mods.. it runs sort of better but the driver helped the most. Hopefully I am using the proper F4SE since the game didn't complain...

I just reinstalled video drivers... older ones 16.1.1 and they are performing better... Fallout 4 has these view ports that while looking in a certain direction lags a ton @ 3200x1800... then turn around and it's 60fps... I'm working on an actual "View Distance" command or .ini edit to lower it until it's 60fps all the time... I'm sure we are rendering the distance far beyond what we could ever see...

Edited by chris1892006