nexus hate?

gloomygrim

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came across a thread on a forum yesterday that was filled with arsehats who'd got themselves banned, needless to say it was everybody elses fault but their own.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2781/therapyz.jpg

If only they had learned to place wicker baskets on the moderator's head. They could have avoided a ban to the knee.

I do admit I'm surprised this site manages to survive so well when it's so stringently anti-piracy, but I'm not complaining. Plus it's fun to read the ban logs. :teehee:

I do admit I'm not surprised that this site manages to survive so well when because it's so stringently anti-piracy

Fixed it for you.

I have no experience on the online advertisement market, but I bet with a legally clean site it is much easier to find advertisers to cover your costs of operation. A few low-profile backwater sites that can be run on pocket money may succeed in staying below the radar, but a high-profile site must stay clean. As soon as your size as a business grows to a certain magnitude, your competitors will not refrain from frivolous tactics to make your life difficult. And sometimes even small sites are targeted (for example, in one of the forum threads debating the anti-SOPA blackout campaign it was mentioned that a small blog received a DMCA take-down notice because of a single game-play video that showed the "Killable Children" mod in action.). I doubt that Nexus members would be pleased if Dark0ne had to introduce subscription based membership in order to pay for legal costs.

No, you misunderstand me. It's one thing for a site to follow the law and remove content they receive notices about in a timely fashion, and it's an entirely different thing to take it as far as the Nexus has. In a dozen years of using mod sites I haven't seen a single site remove offending content so quickly (without angry lawyers involved) and punish people so harshly as I have here.

This site is an anomaly. That's why you get pirates coming on here, saying they're pirates, and getting banned in their first 30 minutes. Nowhere else does that, so they never expect a ban when doing so. Well, nowhere else I know.

Edited by NorthWolf

Plus it's fun to read the ban logs. :teehee:

I enjoy reading the ban logs, too. I read them for sh--s and giggles. :whistling:

Because, at the end of the day...it's so easy to not get banned. :facepalm:

This site is an anomaly. That's why you get pirates coming on here, saying they're pirates, and getting banned in their first 30 minutes. Nowhere else does that, so they never expect a ban when doing so. Well, nowhere else I know.

Is that a bad thing?