TEXTURE MODDING: The how to guide

DesolanceR2

Hello,

Since I've struggled a little to find the info I needed to modify the files I wanted, I've decided to make a tutorial so it will be much easier for you guys.

Now be warned this is not a professional HOW TO, but I'm sure it will help a lot of people who are new to this like myself.

I've structured it in 7 parts (they are short). Here is the excel: https://filehost.net/dae3bc1148c9169c

The tutorial covers basic HOW TO:

iGP11

The software you might need to modify the textures

Identify Items

Map textures

Modify textures

Load them with iGP11

Play

The excel file states only the steps you can or need to take in order to achieve these things

I've also made some videos which you can see here. These are the actual tutorial and will help a lot:

Link to youtube palylist:

I'm sorry for the sound quality(I don't have good recording gear).

Enjoy!

Edited by DesolanceR2

Hey

Kinda off key, but I ran into a slight problem while trying out IGP. i was going to try some igp stuff, so i switched to windowed mode, now whenever the game starts the screen is white. i can still hear the background music and the menu is working cause i can hear the sounds as you ycle thru the menu, but screen is completely whited out so can't see anything. any advice? i deleted the igp changes i made too, no use. i'm using the newest IGP i believe, downloaded just a couple days ago. it was working fine before i swapped to windowed mode. there was a steam post that said temporarily switching to integrated graphics, changing the setting and going back to dedicated graphics would work. but if i start ds3 with integrated graphics, it doesn't start at all (screen turns white, then black, no sounds, no response).

(If the formatting looks weird, i was just talking on discord about it and copy pasted my messages)

It's not an IGP problem, rather a windowed mode problem

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Edited by BakedSnake

Hello,

Since I've struggled a little to find the info I needed to modify the files I wanted, I've decided to make a tutorial so it will be much easier for you guys.

Now be warned this is not a professional HOW TO, but I'm sure it will help a lot of people who are new to this like myself.

I've structured it in 7 parts (they are short). Here is the excel: https://filehost.net/dae3bc1148c9169c

The tutorial covers basic HOW TO:

iGP11

The software you might need to modify the textures

Identify Items

Map textures

Modify textures

Load them with iGP11

Play

The excel file states only the steps you can or need to take in order to achieve these things

I've also made some videos which you can see here. These are the actual tutorial and will help a lot:

Link to youtube palylist: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFK2AI9g36w&list=PLDXUp6n9dGp3nZ3_IlsTigervwEx9Wq4x

I'm sorry for the sound quality(I don't have good recording gear).

Enjoy!

Nvm, Alt+Enter worked

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...