F4SE has never worked. Getting really annoying

pawss67

I've ultra-super checked my builds, and they are both the latest ones... I've gone through file permissions as well, and they are all unlimited, shouldn't be having any trouble there. My fallout 4 is located on my second drive, no system files on that one, only games... This has never happened on any other beth games, I remember using OBSE way back in 06-07 with no issues. As far as I know my game isn't FUBAR, it runs really well when I use the normal launcher... maybe I'm missing something... I didn't have the issue on my previous rig that used Windows 7, only this one that runs Windows 10. Though even running in compatibility doesn't make F4SE work. I;m so stumped, no idea what could be causing this. It even happens when my anti-virus is disabled.

Edited by pawss67

• 2 years later...

Beth regularly updates FO4, so, there is a bit of lag time between when beth does their update, and when the FOSE team can update on their end. An older version of FO4SE simply won't work with a newer version of the game.

I really despise the methods beth is using to implement their creation club loot boxes.

latest build

It isn't a version conflict, it is a Windows issue, because:

no matter what I do F4SE always causes fallout 4 to stop working with the simple "Fallout 4 is not working, windows is looking for a solution" window.

On a version conflict you would get the F4SE Error Message.

So check correct installation (use ALL files and folders in the package), permissions, anti virus software, security stuff etc.

Having trouble extracting the archive? Download 7-zip. DO NOT USE ANYTHING FROM THE WINDOWS APP STORE.