Can I delete certain parts of a mod with SSEEdit?

foreck

Hi, this is my first post in the forum, So, i'm using skyTEST settings wich changes a lot of things and cause incompatibilites wit other mods I have installed (for example RS Children) and my question is, Can I delete the records for these changes that i don't want in SSEEdit? and how do i know for certain things what to delete? (again for example the killable children option). Thanks and sorry if my english is not very good

Edited by foreck

it "sounds" like you are new to modding, IE: a beginner, so my advice to you would be, no.

Going into a mod a removing references can have VERY disasterous effects on your game and may even cause your game to not run at all. This is NOT something that anyone should ever attempt to do unless they know exactly what they are doing.

Especially with a mod like that one that completely overhauls almost the entire game.

Edited by gromulos

it "sounds" like you are new to modding, IE: a beginner, so my advice to you would be, no.

Going into a mod a removing references can have VERY disasterous effects on your game and may even cause your game to not run at all. This is NOT something that anyone should ever attempt to do unless they know exactly what they are doing.

Especially with a mod like that one that completely overhauls almost the entire game.

Thanks for the reply, and with that in mind, could you give me some advice on where I could learn how to fix this?

Don't let him scare you. The best way to learn is from your own mistakes and testing.

At worst you just restore a back up of the plugin or reinstall the mod, that is of course if you are not changing stuff mid play through and making active saves you want to keep.

Most of the time simple settings can be can be changed, removed or reverted back to vanilla value without problems, while some things require more then one record that has to be changed for it to work.

It just depends on how the mod works and that's what you have to figure out.

Might find some info around these forums below. Probably not for your specific question but might improve your comprehension.

http://forum.step-project.com/

https://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/forum/369-knowledge-base/

I said no because he wants to delete parts of a mod that is a COMPLETE overhaul. If that mod is anything like Requiem, Skyrim Redone, or Perkus Maximux, then deleting parts of it WILL break his game as most everything in the mod will be referenced and cross- referenced by other parts. Your advice is very bad , specially when given to a beginner.

Edited by gromulos

Everyone is a beginner at some point. Most people are already playing with a broken game because they don't poke around with xedit to see what mod overwrites what and why.

Adding is child flag to xracechild to stop kids from taking dmg is not gonna break anything. skytest settings is probably one of the best mods start learning with as they are mostly simple setting changes.

You make it sound like he will permanently and irreversibly ruin his game install.

To answer the question at hand. if you want DELETE skytest edits to xracechild you also need to remove anything that uses this keyword "ActorTypeChildren" mostly Child furniture that i saw.

If you want to just stop kids from getting killed drag and drop CHILD flag inside of xracechild Record in skytest. xracechild(x = name of race, Nord, Imperial etc...)