Change Lighting When Editing Actor?

It really gets annoying when you're trying to edit an actor/npc but you can't see clearly because of the shadows on the face. Is there a way to change the lighting or disable shadows? I 'unchecked' the box that says "Enable Shadows" in the preferences menu but i'm not sure it does anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Does the 'A' key still work in the Fallout 4 Creation Kit for toggling that 'full bright lighting' thing? If so, you could try that one. There might also be some sort of a button in the toolbar, a light bulb or somesuch, that does the same thing. The feature toggles lighting effects as a whole on/off and is very handy in the Render View, but it also works in the character edit window. Well, as in, at least in the Oblivion Construction Set (and I think Skyrim CK). I suppose it still is there in the Fallout 4 CK.

If that does not work, or if the feature does not exist anymore, I hope someone else has a better idea. :thumbsup:

Edited by Contrathetix

Does the 'A' key still work in the Fallout 4 Creation Kit for toggling that 'full bright lighting' thing? If so, you could try that one. There might also be some sort of a button in the toolbar, a light bulb or somesuch, that does the same thing. The feature toggles lighting effects as a whole on/off, and it very handy in the Render View, but it also works in the character edit window. Well, as in, at least in the Oblivion Construction Set (and I think Skyrim CK). I suppose it still is there in the Fallout 4 CK.

If that does not work, or if the feature does not exist, I hope someone else has a better idea. :thumbsup:

Hey thank you for the quick response. I've tried the 'A' button but it does not work when editing an npc unfortunately. It does in the render window but not in the actor menu. Thank you for the advice though :)

Does it work if you close the character edit window completely, then toggle lighting effects off (well, the thing the A button does) and then reopen the character edit? I think the Skyrim CK does not allow changing it on-the-fly when the character edit is open, and instead uses the effects status at the time the window was opened.

Anyway, I hope someone else has a better idea. Good luck with your investigations! :)