Game looks pixelated, even with HD and 2k Texture mods

Memi5991

So, I installed the game, got all DLC's, installed a bunch of mods, everything seemed fine. The game looks incredible, except for one thing.

The goddamn textures!!!

I tried everything. Pushed up the anti-aliasing, got rid of the godrays and even played around with a few settings in the Fallout4(Prefs).ini files... kinda pissed of to see all youtube videos of people, having those ULTRA SHARP textures, with the same mods as I use, but I just can't get it to work. Any ideas?

Here's a screenshot of a car, eventhough I installed HD-Retexture mods.

https://prnt.sc/febleh

Current graphics- and overhaul mods I use(not in load order, just so you know)

- Vivid Fallout - Roads and Bridges/Landscapes

- GraFix Texture Overhaul 3a

- Enhanced Lights and FX

ENB Preset

- Olympus ENB

Edited by Memi5991

Make sure your video driver is up to date. If it is and you are having this issue, try rolling back to the previous version to see if it helps. I have a 1070 and there has been at least one Nvidia update that really caused me some greif with FO4. I rolled back to the previous version until the next update came out and that seemed to iron out the issues with the update I tried.

Once you look at the driver situation, start tinkering with the settings in your Nvidia control panel. Letting it auto-optimize the game for you can be hit or miss. Play with the manual settings...there lots of them...and see any making any tweaks there help.

EDIT: If all else fails, try disabling all your texture mods and ENB. Try enabling the texture mods one at a time without the ENB. No idea if you will find anything, but basic troubleshooting by picking apart individual pieces of the puzzle can sometimes help...even if it is a bit tedious.

Make sure your video driver is up to date. If it is and you are having this issue, try rolling back to the previous version to see if it helps. I have a 1070 and there has been at least one Nvidia update that really caused me some greif with FO4. I rolled back to the previous version until the next update came out and that seemed to iron out the issues with the update I tried.

Once you look at the driver situation, start tinkering with the settings in your Nvidia control panel. Letting it auto-optimize the game for you can be hit or miss. Play with the manual settings...there lots of them...and see any making any tweaks there help.

EDIT: If all else fails, try disabling all your texture mods and ENB. Try enabling the texture mods one at a time without the ENB. No idea if you will find anything, but basic troubleshooting by picking apart individual pieces of the puzzle can sometimes help...even if it is a bit tedious.

Ok! These are great tips! I will do as told! Thank you!

Did the Mod thingy already, didn't seem to help.

• 1 year later...

I gave vivid textures a try, didn't like the low res textures. So went with True Grass. It's not a problem with your graphics, it's the resolution of Vivid's texture maps you have installed, not very good.

Oh, and for the cars, and well, pertty much everything else, texture-wise, use FlaconOil's Retexture Project. It's amazing.

Edited by V1K1N9