The ONLY mod I'd pay for in Creation Club

ambionstitches

I'm not holding it against you or judging you in the slightest so don't worry :smile: It's obvious with the amount of time you spent on your post that it was pure passion and good intention. I'm sorry you got a bit of backlash and people bringing you down and I hope I didn't add to that because honestly I'd love the same results but it's just such a messy situation. I think a lot of mod creators feel like, frankly, Bethesda just spat on them, again. They've been spurned and many were probably already wondering why they were bothering in the first place other than passion and determination. Bethesda have successfully united much of their own community in bitterness. The problem is, if we are willing to sort of buy our way out of this hole by giving Bethesda undeserved money at the cost of the modding community and frankly the future creative integrity of Bethesda, even if it is because we love Fallout 4 and hate to see it this way, it's kind of sabotaging the future for the here and now. I'd rather see Fallout 4 remain as it is, ever growing with mods but never getting worse, than see Bethesda nosedive off it into an even worse direction for the future. Maybe Fallout 4 has to "take the fall" so to speak.

Bethesda have enough bad practices as it is. I just bought the Season Pass because the prices are down. I wanted to buy just the bits of DLC I wanted and not the SP but that way, even only buying the "good" bits was much more expensive o_O May as well have the lot for much less. I feel bad for it though because ultimately all their figures are going to coming back with "everyone bought the season pass, resounding success, do it next time" despite the SP for Fallout 4 being a ripoff and a farce as far as many are concerned. Sure there are more bits of DLC so to speak but only 2 of them are the "proper" expansions people expected when they paid the price. So basically they've managed to spin a situation where the SP is a ripoff, but if you try to buy things individually it's even more of ripoff. So everyone regretfully buys the SP eventually and Bethesda will keep doing it. Euuuuuuuuughh.

I'd just put my faith in the community man. You never know what people will come up with as time goes by. Throwing Bethesda the ball these days is sadly a good way to get disappointed. We can and should absolutely try to stay positive about the future but unfortunately that means supporting good practices and avoiding supporting the bad where possible even if it stings a little. The Creation Club could turn out to be a fantastic thing. I'm not sure how, but if it did it'd be smiles all round. We can't ever really afford to essentially pay Bethesda to finish their own games later down the line though if that's the way it goes. It may sort of "salvage" Fallout 4 but it'd ruin Bethesda.

Most Mod Authors that have commented on it are either neutral or in favor of it, less than a handful have commented against it. The CC is not spitting on MAs at all. It's a benefit for MAs that want to make more content.

WOHHHHH so big... there should be a simple yet pronounced response to this Bethesda trying to make paid mods... that is is a pronounced. "None"

Unless, said paid mods are now Bethesda Property in which case it bypasses the whole "Only use Assets in the game" which Sony inflicted on them. In which case, I would have to say, "Free Mods will always outstrip the Paid mods, and regardless of what you do Free will always do better." Because when it is free... we are free to do with as we wish.

Also it seems like a Giant Middle Finger to the modding community to hear a select few get paid for their work... or that their work now belongs to Bethesda and they may get Knifed later.

Feels almost like a Fine Bros, wouldn't you think?

I'm not holding it against you or judging you in the slightest so don't worry :smile: It's obvious with the amount of time you spent on your post that it was pure passion and good intention. I'm sorry you got a bit of backlash and people bringing you down and I hope I didn't add to that because honestly I'd love the same results but it's just such a messy situation. I think a lot of mod creators feel like, frankly, Bethesda just spat on them, again. They've been spurned and many were probably already wondering why they were bothering in the first place other than passion and determination. Bethesda have successfully united much of their own community in bitterness. The problem is, if we are willing to sort of buy our way out of this hole by giving Bethesda undeserved money at the cost of the modding community and frankly the future creative integrity of Bethesda, even if it is because we love Fallout 4 and hate to see it this way, it's kind of sabotaging the future for the here and now. I'd rather see Fallout 4 remain as it is, ever growing with mods but never getting worse, than see Bethesda nosedive off it into an even worse direction for the future. Maybe Fallout 4 has to "take the fall" so to speak.

Bethesda have enough bad practices as it is. I just bought the Season Pass because the prices are down. I wanted to buy just the bits of DLC I wanted and not the SP but that way, even only buying the "good" bits was much more expensive o_O May as well have the lot for much less. I feel bad for it though because ultimately all their figures are going to coming back with "everyone bought the season pass, resounding success, do it next time" despite the SP for Fallout 4 being a ripoff and a farce as far as many are concerned. Sure there are more bits of DLC so to speak but only 2 of them are the "proper" expansions people expected when they paid the price. So basically they've managed to spin a situation where the SP is a ripoff, but if you try to buy things individually it's even more of ripoff. So everyone regretfully buys the SP eventually and Bethesda will keep doing it. Euuuuuuuuughh.

I'd just put my faith in the community man. You never know what people will come up with as time goes by. Throwing Bethesda the ball these days is sadly a good way to get disappointed. We can and should absolutely try to stay positive about the future but unfortunately that means supporting good practices and avoiding supporting the bad where possible even if it stings a little. The Creation Club could turn out to be a fantastic thing. I'm not sure how, but if it did it'd be smiles all round. We can't ever really afford to essentially pay Bethesda to finish their own games later down the line though if that's the way it goes. It may sort of "salvage" Fallout 4 but it'd ruin Bethesda.

Most Mod Authors that have commented on it are either neutral or in favor of it, less than a handful have commented against it. The CC is not spitting on MAs at all. It's a benefit for MAs that want to make more content.

you applying to my team? Coz I don't have a team. I'm not even sure if I can write content. I could try though if people with the skills would get on board?

WOHHHHH so big... there should be a simple yet pronounced response to this Bethesda trying to make paid mods... that is is a pronounced. "None"

Unless, said paid mods are now Bethesda Property in which case it bypasses the whole "Only use Assets in the game" which Sony inflicted on them. In which case, I would have to say, "Free Mods will always outstrip the Paid mods, and regardless of what you do Free will always do better." Because when it is free... we are free to do with as we wish.

Also it seems like a Giant Middle Finger to the modding community to hear a select few get paid for their work... or that their work now belongs to Bethesda and they may get Knifed later.

Hey, if you can get modders to pick this up for a free mod: feel free to send them my way.

cheers mate. I really appreciate the positive feedback. Mostly, people usually just tell me what an idiot I am but if this actually got picked up by a team, Fallout 4 would finally be good.

I doubt a mod team will pick this up, but if it get's Bethesda's attention it could absolutely happen if they ask modders to do it.

I invite anyone reading this to message Bethesda ( http://help.bethesda.net/app/fallout_feedback ) with the link to this page and request they ask modders to do this

heres the sadist thing my friend. i dont have much, im on disable, BUT if there was a way to almost completely remake fallout 4 into something it was not, something it was ment to be with a lot of real quest, a real thought out RICH story.i gladly pay 5-10 bucks for it. (like i said im not rich) with fully new and revoriced main player and wife i be happy while making the make 200mi.. (someone i see maps larger. look at ZELDA... come on if they could do it i am shocked f4 could not even come close..

wish u as much luck as you can get my friend.. we really need to save what little f4 has to offer...

Edited by thunderlord2200

Hey, if you can get modders to pick this up for a free mod: feel free to send them my way.

the biggist thing i fear, is as and hard as this might take. years i feel to make it will take over some lives to make this a real fallout. or as much as you can with what given tools you are given and not hard coded into the game like the melee and gnade button.

i feel there will be need of real writers to make up a rich story while a another hole team to make, design, remesh, patch (everything beth never fixed like never getting the named settler to make level 4 shops show up or even spawn in given area.

i think this will be a large team effort to get this done and finished anytime soon. if there willing to do it free then more the power to u bros. but as i said i think this will take over ones life (have no time for a job since this is there job = y i support supporting them some how.. )

really hope this will work..

(way way to much read up front sry... eyes bugged out)

the biggist thing i fear, is as and hard as this might take. years i feel to make it will take over some lives to make this a real fallout. or as much as you can with what given tools you are given and not hard coded into the game like the melee and gnade button.

i feel there will be need of real writers to make up a rich story while a another hole team to make, design, remesh, patch (everything beth never fixed like never getting the named settler to make level 4 shops show up or even spawn in given area.

i think this will be a large team effort to get this done and finished anytime soon. if there willing to do it free then more the power to u bros. but as i said i think this will take over ones life (have no time for a job since this is there job = y i support supporting them some how.. )

really hope this will work..

(way way to much read up front sry... eyes bugged out)

cheers mate. I appreciate the support

Edited by ambionstitches

• 4 weeks later...

I like a lot of your ideas, and agree with you as far as Beth getting sloppy & letting modders sort it out. I'd add another fix to the settler A.I. that would KEEP them in my carefully crafted fortifications while the turrets did their job, instead of running out & beating a Supermutant with the butt of a perfectly good plasma rifle!

Fallout 4 is such a mixed bag for me. I loath the main quest, I dislike the limitations in voiced dialogue. The weapons tend to take up an assload of screen space. The weapons are *ugly*..

All that being said, quest mods and overhauls are the only mods that could tempt me in a purchase.