Changing Supermutant Face Textures

knorton01

The face textures for supermutants will not change.

After bringing up the supermutant textures in photoshop and changing the hue (to make them blue), and saving and bringing the new textures into the fallout 4 data/textures/actors/supermutant folder, all but the face textures load into the game. Any ideas to fix this?

Screenshots:

http://imgur.com/saMoDb3

http://imgur.com/9nwayix

Edited by knorton01

Have you created a new .bgsm file for them to references the new face texture?

In Materials/Actors/Supermutants you'll need to create new ones for

Supermutant1suicideHead.BGSM

SupermutantDeadHead1.BGSM

SupermutantFGHead1.BGSM

SupermutantFGHeadStrong1.BGSM

Edited by AGreatWeight

Have you created a new .bgsm file for them to references the new face texture?

In Materials/Actors/Supermutants you'll need to create new ones for

Supermutant1suicideHead.BGSM

SupermutantDeadHead1.BGSM

SupermutantFGHead1.BGSM

SupermutantFGHeadStrong1.BGSM

Hmm. I'm having no luck with it. I was looking through the files of this mod as well to try and figure it out, but I actually think that the mod's updated face textures don't work either. So I guess that's two mods uploaded to the nexus having this issue. And the later mod 81k downloads...

Edited by knorton01

You should maybe have a look at Retextured Super Mutants by Ben Ephla. Ben's a friendly guy, so a polite request for help explaining your issue may yield positive results for what you want to achieve.

Finally I got it! I downloaded Ben Ephla's files and replaced his dds files with my own, and it works! It seems that in addition to the textures I placed in actors/supermutants I needed some .nifs in the meshes folder and some .dds and .tga files in FaceCustomization\PluginName\FormID. And it works and the mutants are blue!