NPC´s cause Stutter/Stutter-spikes (might be interesting for authors)

StillInMemory

But i have been plagued with this problem since 2017 like the author of this topic.Things that i learned some mods that mentioned above like lot more settlers,better settlers and some face textures they create stutter when u enter that particular cell and its even recreatable u can autosave and load on that cell it will always stutter in that same place. Some more mods are with issues like raider overhaul and super mutant redux.Endless warfare and war of the commonwealth is another mod that gave me a lot of corrupted saves and stutter but this stutter were totally random and uncreatable must be due to high no. Of spawning that engine cant handle. There is a new mod called more enemies which uses mcm and it is by far the most stable spawning mod however even that comes with high cpu usage in game at random moments. Another thing i noticed that using any hd texture mods with big file size and npc mods can make it even worse ex - My pc specs i7/4700k,1080ti 11gb can run smooth 4k texture pack with some grass and 4k trees mods and then used 4k texture mods with some npc mods like npc travel, endless warfare, more enemies and my performance went to s#*! then again use it with 1k texture pack and spawn mods almost no stutter this time. And here's a little secret i was using all this mods with no stutter and this was in lower vram card gtx970 but back than on 2017 some updates came which permanently changed the mechanism. Respect to all of the mod authors for creating a good mod for this empty game.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many mod authors don't pack their stuff into ba2 files. This is also a reason for stutters and other issues. If you experience a lot of stutter check for mods which are not packed into ba2 files. Specially texture overhauls.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8704 - Atomic Radio and Tales from the Commonwealth

Great mod, really loving it. I used this mod when it was released and it caused sooo many issues. Specially sutters. Some months ago, I stumbled over this mod again. With my knowledge today, I managed to fix all the issues I had.

Regenerated precombines/previs and facegen data. Packed everything up in ba2 files. Issues solved. I made a most in this mod, where I describe how you can fix it. ( https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3700970-atomic-radio/?p=71474048 )

Many mod authors don't pack their stuff into ba2 files. This is also a reason for stutters and other issues. If you experience a lot of stutter check for mods which are not packed into ba2 files. Specially texture overhauls.

Â

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8704Â -Â Atomic Radio and Tales from the Commonwealth

Â

Great mod, really loving it. I used this mod when it was released and it caused sooo many issues. Specially sutters. Some months ago, I stumbled over this mod again. With my knowledge today, I managed to fix all the issues I had.

Regenerated precombines/previs and facegen data. Packed everything up in ba2 files. Issues solved. I made a most in this mod, where I describe how you can fix it. (Â https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3700970-atomic-radio/?p=71474048 )

Ba2 archives are always good to have i never keep to many loose files and totally agreed with u and yeah those quest mod are gr8 there awesomeness is in another level specially fusion city rising, outcasts and remanants and atomic radio however even with loose files i never faced stutter with those mods just wierd things go on with Bethesda engine and yet i saw some threaded topics earlier facing stutter with those mods.

Always depends on the mods you are using, settings, third party mods like F4SE or ENBs and your hardware.

The engine has to do that stuff on the fly. When your CPU is already busy and does not has the capability to run those tasks(generating textures and meshes for NPCs), you get stutters.

Always depends on the mods you are using, settings, third party mods like F4SE or ENBs and your hardware.Â

The engine has to do that stuff on the fly. When your CPU is already busy and does not has the capability to run those tasks(generating textures and meshes for NPCs), you get stutters.

Indeed that makes sense

• 11 months later...

2020 reporting in. Anyone know a fix to this problem yet? I have the same stuttering issue and it was cause by this mod. Removed the mod fix the issue but now I'm left with ugly vanilla settlers . If anyone know how to use this mod without stutter or know another mod that improved settlers appearance without causing sttuer please let me know.

Lots More Settlers and Enemies

Edited by babydiehard

• 1 month later...

I have found a bug that might be related to the issue. The issue described below do affect Actor records and does not related to LeveledCharacter records.

CK (and the game itself too) by some reason are taking into account the value of Inventory's template. When this value is not filled in, then CK (and the game too) do fallback the race value to SynthGen2RaceValentine, don't fill in FaceMorph data for the leveled actor, and fill in incorrect value of Stats (even when Stats template is set). When the inventory template is used, then the race value will have correct value of the Trats template + all related FaceMorph data and Stats template will be used as they must be. This bug also prevents Base Data template to fill in propery, for instance, the name of leveled actor.

Experimentally found that the name of leveled actor will be taken for the first record of LCharXXXXX array (if used).

Edited by gh0stwizard

• 3 months later...

Hugely interesting thread.

Have been having the same issues back in 2015/2016. Good to see my suspicions were true then.

I am testing out the new Unique NPCs mod made by one of these guys in this thread after he redesigned it but I still get the lag spikes unfortunatly. But this might be on me since I might have made some errors during the FOMOD installation and/ or have double mods loading. Will be testing some more.

If you manage to get Unique NPCs to work without lag spikes you could delete all the NPC instances in Raider Overhaul so you can have both.

Cheers to all the modders and investigators over here, keep it up!

• 1 year later...