New Update, F4SE?

blackhand8657

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime I try to start fallout4 it says....

You are using a newer version of fallout than this version of F4SE supports. If this version just came out, please be patient while we update our code. In the meantime, please check http://f4se.silverlock.org for updates.

Runtime: 1.10.114

F4se: 0.6.12

and the game will not start. I have gone to the site and downloaded the latest version and used the extract feature to open it up and I still get the same thing. Any ideas?

Mine's doing the same thing now - says there was an update a couple of hours ago. My game .exe now says its version is 1.10.120, and F4SE says it only supports up to 1.10.114

Guess its time to start playing RDR2, because if Beth thinks they are going to get me playing that steaming pile that is '76 by breaking my old game, they're nuts.

hey, just had this same problem and managed to fix it without a new version of F4SE.

found this post....

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6540926-how-to-rollback-fallout-4-version-steam/

seems long and ripe with potential to just tilt you having to jump through so many hoops, but it was actually quite easy when I just sat down and did it.

The exact text will change with each new update, but the cut to the chase of it for this latest update on December the 5th is to open the steam console the way they tell you, type this into the console...

download_depot 377160 377162 883559999634905832

and hit enter, it will download the fallout4.exe from the previous patch we were running yesterday and tell u where it downloaded it, you then just copy it and paste it over your existing fallout4.exe and that essentially rolls you back for this latest update. I just tried it, worked fine, im back up and running now and all my mods work.

So there was a FO4 update just now (Dec 5, 2018)? Just want to make sure if it was and update or me who broke my script extender, since I have been troubleshooting vigorously and doing a lot of reinstalling the past 4 days trying to get this game to run.

Anyone have any idea when a SE update might be available?

yeah they just updated the game, 05 dec, and it broke F4SE.

No idea when a new version will be out, but that method for rolling back the update worked for me, and Im happy just running the same version I was using yesterday for the next few days or however long it takes for a new version of F4SE to come out before I download the new patch again. If you want to just get back up and running Id suggest just rolling it back too so you can play until F4SE gets an update.

hey, just had this same problem and managed to fix it without a new version of F4SE.

found this post....

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6540926-how-to-rollback-fallout-4-version-steam/

seems long and ripe with potential to just tilt you having to jump through so many hoops, but it was actually quite easy when I just sat down and did it.

The exact text will change with each new update, but the cut to the chase of it for this latest update on December the 5th is to open the steam console the way they tell you, type this into the console...

download_depot 377160 377162 883559999634905832

and hit enter, it will download the fallout4.exe from the previous patch we were running yesterday and tell u where it downloaded it, you then just copy it and paste it over your existing fallout4.exe and that essentially rolls you back for this latest update. I just tried it, worked fine, im back up and running now and all my mods work.

Cheers for the post link!

Sat down to do some modding and low behold it starts updating as soon as I start my PC!

Good thing I have my entire fallout install backed up (87.7 gigs with Ultra 7z compression) lol... learnt from the last time textures bugs hosed up my install.

Another reason why we do really need to have custom directories as we can use symlink or hardlink the directories and have the actual modded files far away from the fallout 4 install, so we don't end up with a massive 7z archive.

Edit:

Can someone just put the previous .exe in Dropbox or somewhere we can access it? Just a thought. Thanks to anyone that does this.

PS, and thanks for the tip to tell the game only to update when I start the game - I'll use that setting going forward.

It's pretty simple to do:

Simply copy and paste the following -

1) Press windows key + r

2) steam://open/console

4) Steam should open with the console tab - if not exit via the system tray and restart steam.

5) Paste: "download_depot 377160 377162 883559999634905832" without the speech marks into the console text box

6) It will download the old fallout.exe to Steam\steamapps\content\app_377160\depot_377162 (I use a custom steam directory) and make sure you back this up.

7) Back up / move the updated fallout4.exe somewhere else and then either over write this (if you backed it up via copying the newly updated .exe) or simply move the old fallout 4.exe into your fallout 4 directory.

All in all it takes about a few minutes - steps taken from the link - wu lala posted above.

That is what I did as it would take about 30 minutes to copy and paste from my old clunky mechanical 5400 hdd 2.0 usb enclosure lol and also I would recommend reading the link Wu Lala provided and create a custom steam shortcut with console functionality for future use.

Edit 2:

It would worth tracking the F4SE reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/f4se/comments/a3frx1/dec_5_2018_update_disabled_f4se_how_to_rollback/

Edit 3:

Also it's worth mentioning that we can avoid this entire hassle again by simply, moving the fallout 4 directory else where from the steam directory (or wherever you've installed the game via steam) and uninstalling it from the steam library as this way it doesn't redownload the game when it next updates and then using F4SE to launch the game. That's what I've just tested and it works - launching the fallout4.exe it self prompts you to download the game via steam. However as I don't want to have multiple instances of the game and plan to make mods, so compatibility is a key sticking point for me. So will be reinstalling the game and moving my modded install after deleting the game from the steam directory (but not uninstalling it). Plus worst comes to worst I've already got a back up.

Edited by TechFreak1