New Update, F4SE?

blackhand8657

1: Paste "steam://nav/console" - no quotes, into your web browser address bar--it should open through Steam.

2: Paste this into the console: "download_depot 377160 377162 883559999634905832" - no quotes (the long number here dictates the game version number)

3: When it finishes downloading, the console will print a file directory. Go there.

4: There should be a fallout4.exe in this folder. To check the version, right click->properties->details and look for 1.10.114

5: Replace the exe in your game folder with this exe.

This is taken from AlphonsePootis's post from 5 months ago. Only alteration I made was updating the manifest ID to the version of Fallout 4 released on October 3, 2018 – 15:21:13 UTC

(Works to me 100%)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new F4SE is out, but some mods such as MCM and Level Up Menu need to be fixed. However, after installing the new F4SE and disabling these two mods (NMM gave me a warning about them), I can't get the game to launch properly. I get a black screen that just sits there, nothing happens. Anyone with an idea as to what is going on? Maybe there is another mod with F4SE trouble. Guess I can start deactivating and see if I can get it to run.

Ok, at this point I feel totally defeated. I've made a little progress. I've disabled all mods. I can get the game to launch using Steam or F4SE but I can't get a save game to load. I load a save game, the images start appearing but at some point the little circle in the right hand bottom stops spinning and the game crashes. I don't know what to do now. It's not a mod as the save game crashes with all mods disabled. I've tried different save games in case one was corrupted but no luck there. F4SE just won't work for me. I've always used a ton of mods and been able to suss out any problems, but I'm stuck here. It's not the mods, they're disabled.

Any suggestions any can give?

Ok, at this point I feel totally defeated. I've made a little progress. I've disabled all mods. I can get the game to launch using Steam or F4SE but I can't get a save game to load. I load a save game, the images start appearing but at some point the little circle in the right hand bottom stops spinning and the game crashes. I don't know what to do now. It's not a mod as the save game crashes with all mods disabled. I've tried different save games in case one was corrupted but no luck there. F4SE just won't work for me. I've always used a ton of mods and been able to suss out any problems, but I'm stuck here. It's not the mods, they're disabled.

Are you able to start a new game?

Downloading the new F4SE now.

Edit: The game runs with a clean install with no DLC.

Edited by TechFreak1

Are you able to start a new game?

Downloading the new F4SE now.

Hmm, interestingly, I can start a new game with F4SE with all of my mods. I just can't load a prior save. I tried several they all can't be corrupted. Strange.

Even more interesting. I was able to create a new game using F4SE. But when I tried loading the save from that new game using F4SE, the game crashed again upon trying to load the save. So there appears to be some issue between F4SE and save games - at least for me :(

Ok, I was able to go back to the prior version of F4Se and Fallout 4 and it works. I just won't upgrade to the newest version of F4Se and will continue to use the old version of Fallout 4. There's nothing I need from the newer versions.

Finally got round to check F4 with the dlc... got stuck in the load screen for a new game and continue so no saved games load.

Never the less there is a new version of F4SE out now - 0.6.15.

Edit: With the new version of f4se, everything loads just looks menu doesn't work correctly as expected since it needs to be updated.

Edited by TechFreak1

• 1 month later...

(sorry, I know this is a bit old)

It seems that the newest F4SE version only works with the exe file in the manifest ID 1401000909695431634 if anyone is having issues getting f4se to work, just use this number and replace the F4 exe and this will work fine

there was something done with Creation club and an update broke F4SE, and it's not been updated

instructions to use it here, replace the manifest ID in the above post https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5946808-new-update-f4se/page-6&do=findComment&comment=65726871

Edited by Tensotu

(sorry, I know this is a bit old)

It seems that the newest F4SE version only works with the exe file in the manifest ID 1401000909695431634 if anyone is having issues getting f4se to work, just use this number and replace the F4 exe and this will work fine

there was something done with Creation club and an update broke F4SE, and it's not been updated

instructions to use it here, replace the manifest ID in the above post https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5946808-new-update-f4se/page-6&do=findComment&comment=65726871

Has it been updated again? Well, maybe then I can play the game again without crashing every five seonds as the last update reduced me to.