Unleveled, Deleveled, Overhaul confused Skyrim SE

LordTyraad

I've taken the deep dive into modding Skyrim SE. I've totally forsaken Oldrim due to the many many mods available for SSE.

I'm using Zackalopes SEPTIM guide - currently at Step 8 - to install mods he deemed useful to his build.

The issue is what Unleveled, Deleveled NPC and Loot system to use.

I've tried MorrowLoot Unlimited which delevels the loot and changes the Encounter Zones. I'm okay with using that but I also like

1. Skyrim Unleveled - similar to WildCat, Smilodon, and Combat Evolved. What I like about this mod is that it changes the value of armor, weapons, loot, and encounters. The approach OperatorCactus uses seems more realistic. Armor, Weapons, and Damage have been adjusted accordingly. I like the ability to use crossbows and silver weapons prior to starting Dawnguard. Also adjusting the undead as being immune to anything but silver weapons is also a plus!
  2. Advance Adversary Encounters - I believe this mod is an either or type of mod. I don't see using it with SU or any other combat mod. I also think that this is overkill for the game, but I agree with the changes made.
  3. High Level Enemies - Another balanced approach to EZ, scaled and unscaled enemies. Dalquist . He adds a lot of enemies to the game in addition to deleveling the enemies. Included are Raised Ability Caps and Increased Max Resists. Raised Caps helps with spells at higher levels to scale with the enemies. Max Resists increase the damage resist.
  4. Morrowloot Unlimited. Oh if there weren't so many patches needed for this one. Ars Metallica, Immersive Armors, Inigo, Summermyst, and ASM (Sorting Mod) which replaces the .esp outright. I like the idea of the mod - Loot and NPC's along with a significant quest reward system. I'm not sure how this mod compares to SU or AAE; its an alternative mod for loot that includes Encounter Zone adjustments.
  5. Rebalanced Encounter Zones. A simple change of numbers makes this a very easy mod to use. However, is that all that needs to be changed? If I use this mod with Smilodon, Wildcat, or Vigor, am I going to get a solid play through? The Rebalanced leveled list is the brother to this mod. Between the two, it looks like a simple edit mod.
  6. Unleveled Enemies - Simple. Enemies are not dependent on the player's level. This mod also has an unleveled list brother.

With so many choices out there to add immersion and the realization of combat, I'm really having a hard time choosing. My personal preference is Skyrim Unleveled as that makes some common sense changes to weapons, armor, damage and loot. AAE is very strong, and I would not use Smilodon damage package; only the cost of combat and attacks of opportunity.

I want to know from the community what is being used, being paired with.

Also, please include your comments about campfire, frostfall, ineed, and realistic needs and diseases (which I favor over ineed).

Thanks

Strat (http://steamcommunity.com/id/lordtyraad)

You might find this suggestion a bit boring in the long-run but, I recommend trying each of the six separately and playing through to at least level 8 to see how they "feel" to you. If you do decide to try this, I also recommend using Arthmoor's Alternate Start - Live Another Life so that you do not have to keep going through the Helgen scene. Also, I recommend NOT completing Bleak Fall Barrows until you've reached level 8. Finish it then and fight a dragon or two (for the mods that would actually affect the combat) to get a feel for how they (the dragons) work with those mods.

I love Campfire, Frostfall and am somewhat ambivalent concerning Realistic Needs and Diseases. I think RNaD is a fantastic mod, I simply don't like all the nagging in my game.

Oh, I also recommend Winter is Coming SSE - Cloaks. 'Cause, man, those cave bear cloaks are stylin'.

Thanks LeddBate for your response. I've already added Alternate Start - Live Another Lifekl. Campfire, Frostfall, Hunterborn, and RLN&D are true mods that should be in everone's build. They add not only immersion, but allow the use of items that would go unused. Immersive Citizens AI will make NPC's go indoors when it rains, so why not add some immersion for my character. Wet and Cold is okay but not enough immersion. Amazing Follower Tweaks has a camping option, but it is basic.

I have some work to do, so I'll get to it.