ScorchedSky

I've done everything I could think of to fix these last few glitches in my new game setup but I'm at a loss because I can't figure out a sure-fire fix for all of them. I managed to fix the "potato head children" glitch for the RS Children Overhaul mod, however, the last few glitches remain that I need some help with.

So first off I've got visual glitches in two places: the night sky, and with waterfalls/menu fog.

(Note: I used a mod to remove the menu fog but the waterfalls still have that pixelated look.)
(Note: It had this issue only in the night sky before I tried a replacer mod and got the same result.)

The second issue might go hand in hand but I'm not going to show screenshots of the naked npcs since they're fully nude. So in my game, and I've had this issue before too and have no idea how I fixed it, I have random naked npcs walking around. At the moment the only ones I've seen are inside the Bannered Mare in Whiterun that keeps crashing after a minute every time I rush to those naked npcs and use the "resurrect" console command to reset their clothing which seems to work. But the problem is the ctd part, especially since I'm using a mod with a quest I have to finish in there or nothing else will progress.

And before you ask, I've run LOOT, Wyre Bash, DSR, FNIS, and even downloaded BOSS even though its obsolete to try and solve these problems. So either I'm missing something painfully obvious or I need help from someone more experienced with all this. Ok, now lastly I'll add my current load order (which is probably monsterous I admit since I'm at the plugin limit) and hope that someone can help me:

I guess it pays to check the incompatible mods because I had a few weather ones that don't work with Vivid Weathers but I just barely started using this instead of Supreme Storms and a few others. Thanks for pointing this out now to see if it works. :smile:

Edited by ScorchedSky

those are texture issues. check and make sure all your texture mods are working correcting by checking requirements and trying to reinstall them.

I'm going to test this out but at least with the night sky and fog issues it was probably because of Vivid Weathers and I had a few mods installed that are incompatible since I was previously using Supreme Storms then tried a few individual mods for certain effects instead. Going to try and remove the offending mods and reinstall Vivid Weathers. Hopefully this will solve the visual problems. All that leaves is the naked npcs and the ctd issue in the Bannered Mare.

So far as the Bannered Mare is concerned, it could be the bard songs mod. I dunno what exactly it does with bards aside of change the music, but if it does anything with their general behaviours then maybe it's causing a problem.

I don't think its the music but good guess. And OMG, I just tried going into the Bannered Mare after changing a few mods (sadly the night sky and smoke are now messed up) and I think I broke the universe. As soon as went in there were a few npcs who were only floating mouths, black stripe shadows on some npcs, others with black hands, still naked npcs, npcs with no eyes, missing or faded letters in the subtitles, these freaky colored strips flashing over the screen. Managed to take some screenshots but...it's horrifying. I've NEVER messed up my game THIS badly before. T-T

Here's the new load order:

RaceMenu has the Extended Slider Colors already built in so you do not need it twice (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6923/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D6923%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D538705&pUp=1 read sticky from mod author on Posts tab).

Ah, ok. Thanks for the tip. I'll uninstall it now.

Alright, I finally fixed most of the problems (there were some minor ones I forgot to mention before but they're fixed now anyway) and just need to figure out the last two. I've still got random naked npcs and some of them wouldn't put on cloths even when I used either "resurrect" or "disable" and "enable." Its still annoying but I found an npc dress up mod that at least lets me give them clothes that it forces them to put on. And since I have the additemmenu mod I can spawn whatever outfits I need since the downside of the mod is that its one way and I can't take the clothes back. Not that I want to because this is only to cover their nakedness! After recleaning my master files after verifying them I got the Bannered Mare to work without crashing. Well, at least not right away like before so I saved after dressing each naked npc before I got that dress up mod. The last issue is with textures but I'm HOPING that by manually installing some of them it will solve the missing texture issues. Going to go test the game again now but when I get back I'll add the new load order and keep you informed o what's working now and what's still being a pain. Wish me luck!