⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Matching Set With Custom Armor

malicardy

I'm not sure if i get you right, you mean to modify if your amor gets a bonus from light or heavy armor perks?

http://666kb.com/i/c23eck4nk6w2zwowh.jpg

Just check the highlighted ArmorHeavy entry...if you want to change that just delete it, rightclick and add ArmorLight

greetings

Ah sry, missunderstood...forget that there is a perk for matching set.

Replacing the same slots and set it to the same material and matching Editor ID (ArmorBoots, ArmorGloves blabla...) doesn't work?

EDIT:

I've just seen that there is a form in the CK called "ArmorDaedricAllOutfit" that contains a list of all armor parts...might be the solution.

Edited by ghosu

It doesn't seem to have any effect when I do it...

No, they are not the material keywords.

Just one tip, open up the perk entry point, the perks' effect is stored there.

He seems to think there's something more to it. I don't get it though, I open the perk in the creation kit and I see no way to make it work :facepalm:

*Edit*

actually I found where you set it... still confusing though lol

Edited by malicardy

Well i have no big idea 'bout CK and skripting since i'm just doing weapon and armor mods buuut the perk entry says:

http://666kb.com/i/c23ppkr8mlz91bkt9.jpg

So as a boon i think that it works when you wear 4 armor parts that share the same material.

• 1 year later...

Not to resurrect an old topic, but it seems I'm having the same issue currently. Here's what I've done so far.

1. I created a custom set of light armor, all four pieces. Helm, Chest, Boots, and Gloves.

2. I added all four pieces into an 'outfit' titled ShadowWalker.

3. I created a Keyword; ArmorShadowWalker

4. I added said keyword to all four pieces of armor.

5. I added the stipulation to both "Matching Set" and "Perk Matching Set" and made sure it was set to OR instead of AND.

6. I've removed and added the 'Matching Set' perk via console to see if it would reset and pick up on the new set.

All four pieces have the Light Armor keyword and I get the custom fit perk bonus just fine. It just doesn't seem to register the new armor set for the purposes of Matching Set. Am I missing something? I thought I had all my bases covered, but it just wont add the extra armor rating or place the 'magic effect' in my buff window.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know this is an old post, but I've been working through this myself...

The best advice I can give for compatibility's sake is to give your armor an already-existing keyword. Yes, it means they could mix and match with that set, but it's better than having Matching Set be overwritten by another mod and deny the bonus altogether. If you must, I'd recommend that you use something obscure, like "ArmorNightingale," which would mean they can mix and match, but only with Nightingale armor.

• 4 months later...
Alright, I came here looking how to solve it and actually figured out your answer: First off, make sure that everything under weight matches your armor class (This is just for prudence.) Then under Keywords, Editor ID, right click and Copy Stack from whatever armor piece you are using as a BASE for your modded armor. Then go to your modded item, delete everything under Editor ID, right click and Paste Stack. Repeat this until each piece in your set matches the pieces they're based on. This SHOULD trigger the matching set as long as the Materials match on top of everything else.