Fallout 4 suddenly stopped using mods

ShadowOfNV

Today at about 6am I was laying Fallout 4 no problem, but when I went to relaunch it an hour later it says all my mods are missing.

This isn't the case, all my mods are installed and enabled but my game has no mods installed.

I uninstalled the game and all my mods and reinstalled everything, re-did my inis and still the issue is happening. Someone please help me.

My inis

Fallout4Prefs: https://pastebin.com/RDPhgyfr

Fallout4: https://pastebin.com/k8Hs4RrM

Fallout4Custom: https://pastebin.com/ZA2AnmS1

My plugin.txt: https://pastebin.com/y87mwk2F

My dlclist.txt: https://pastebin.com/LR9d3JZm

My plugin.txt is set to read only too, and the issue still happens. Even tried putting a * infront of all the plugins in it and still happens.

Please help me get back into Fallout 4, I only got to replay it for 7 hours so far.

3IojTkQ.png

Edited by ShadowOfNV

If the inis in the pastebin links are the ones you use for gaming, then the Fallout4 one (in Documents/My Game) is missing the necessary adaptation under [Archive].

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
needs to be added right at the very bottom under [Archive] with an open line separating it from [Papyrus]

If the inis in the pastebin links are the ones you use for gaming, then the Fallout4 one (in Documents/My Game) is missing the necessary adaptation under [Archive].

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
needs to be added right at the very bottom under [Archive] with an open line separating it from [Papyrus]

Well, I added that and my game still says the save is missing files/mods.

I have the identical problem. Uninstall NMM no fix, delete everything from NMM thats been downloaded no fix. delete all fo4 ffiles from my games & app data no fix, re-install nmm after that and try load 1 mod no work. Only fix is uninstall Fo4, nmm, delete everything just so you can play the game for 30 mins then reload after lunch and same error.

Not saying its NMM related, but im running out of options. One time NMM hung, reloaded it and it caused this problem.

Only solutions i see now is full manual installation and use LOOT, or bethesda.net which works fine except its missing a bunch of mods. On that note if anyone knows if you're able to install the majority of files from there and manually install a few from nexus that'd be great. Have used NMM for years and never run into this issue, and its happened the best part of 5 times trying all sorts of combinations in the process.

Same problem here. Looked in my data folder and the only plugins I see are listed as Bethesda plugins...none of my NMM plugins show up. I also uninstalled my game and waited the 3+ hours for it to re-install. Same thing. WTF is going on??? Edit: Just checked and over HALF my plugins I downloaded and installed are not showing up in either my data folder nor in the mods list in game.

Edited by BigDaddyRat

I completely shut down defender and no change. When I go in game, for example, my body and face tattoo mods do not show up on a character I created with those mods. When I attempt to change looks, no tattoo options other than the vanilla choices are listed. I've noticed for a while that a lot of mods are not showing in the plugin tab of NMM. I would open New Vegas or Fallout 3, but I'm afraid I'll be sick to see the same thing happening there...

My defender is disabled 100%, no active AV running, nothing i can see interrupting. Even if i backup the plugins.txt when i get it working, then copy it back when it messes up no cigar. Delete my fallout data folder, verify and re-update through steam, delete all NMM, all download mods and folders, and a fresh re-install of nmm = nothing.

Not wanting to *censored* or moan here, ive been using NMM and a big supporter of nexus since morrowind days and countless other games with no complaints, its just getting beyond frustrating at this point. The only issue ive previously ran into in other games is the usual mod conflicts causing CTD's, and that has nothing to do with the manager. Now i can load the game, exit, reload and no mods. OR better yet NMM freezes, force close and no mods until fo4/nmm and anything associated is deleted to start again.

I loathe using bethesda.net as easy at it seems, but the most important mods i want arent on there anyway. Does anyone have a proper guide on how to manually install mods and configure your own plugins file? Sounds like a pain in the ass but 5, (6 just i just did another one) installs later its seeming like the best options.

Or is there an earlier version of NMM and fo4 arent running into these conflicts? In all honesty id just play to play the game with 4k textures, some lighting mods, the non-seasons autumn mod, new weapons and armour plus some cool things light light signs around the place. But i cant even get that to run stable.

EDIT - just curious is this a FO4 related problem, or is it happening in skyrim se? Half tempted to crack that, just not as cool for me as ive played 10 lifetimes worth of high fantasy
Better yet hows FNV turn out with current mods. Felt a bit dated but with mods can it hold its age at all, and is it also running into these same problems?

Ok for what its worth ive worked out a solution where I have 100 plguins active with no conflicts. The most common issue that lead to whatever crashing seemed to be the constant logging out of nmm into the fo4 to check if everything is working then logging back out and adding more. This time around installing the mods according to the load order suggestions on https://bethesda.net/community/topic/57726/updated-load-order-faq-and-assistance-thread-post-1-10-patch , i loaded all 100 at once (that i previously knew had worked) without ever closing NMM. First bootup i ran into a CTD, but a quick check of plugins there were some conflicts or missing requirements for adons. Disabled the red ones, installed any required mods to make others work and voila game booted up and ran fine even after multiple login-outs. Used LOOT to double check my list order and ive not had a problem since. Since i like to push boundaries, ive since updated a few mods, exited out and checked with LOOT to make sure the load order is correct and not a bother since.

1 main thing i did not do was launch the fo4 through the NMM button. Not once, not saying its the problem but its what i was doing previously. At first i was launching it through the default fallout4.exe/launcher to eliminate f4se causing problems, but after 30 mins I was running f4se, updating mods and has since caused zero issues and after a week of frustrations to where im finally enjoying the game not thinking about anything else. Im also running a bunch of 4k textures, vivid weathers, autumn overhaul (not seasons) and photorealistic ENB getting a steady 52-60 in heavy towns and a solid 60fps out and about at 1440p with txaa and everything on full. Albiet a 1080, but last iterations i was getting 35fps at 1080p so safe to say the games running good. Cant say id be much help but more than happy to help anyone problem shoot where i can if possible. Turns out there is a solution, and a happy one :D

Finally what i would know, is how can i save this profile as it is now. Mods, settings, load orders, the whole shebang. So if something goes amiss i can reload to a previous working point

@twaeq

Have around twelve-thousand hours in FO4, ran the game with altogether about 2000 mods (still have 1996 in NMM v0.61.14) and the game ran smoothly with 450 mods/255 plug-ins. Never had a problem with NMM. If you want to run the game through F4SE then use Bilago's Configuration tool.

Re-installing the game over and over again is a waste of time since an integrity check through Steam will restore the game to its original state. Personally, to avoid updates I don't want, I make a back-up of each working clean install.

Most CTDs are caused by conflicting mods or using mods in the wrong way.

Sort load order using LOOT.

After having run LOOT, in NMM you'll need to manually add the Unofficial F4 patch plug-in back right underneath the last DLC in, if you have any, because LOOT has a tendency put it one line too low. When the UF4P is sitting in the wrong place, the game will crash. Always.

NMM can save different profiles with different mods activated. If you want to remember your load order and plug-ins, go to C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Fallout4 and copy the plugins.txt file. It's the bottom one. The coopy needs to be made before you make changes in NMM because the file gets updated automatically.