[Help] Consistent Crashing at Red Rocket

GymothyCharles

hello there

ive been having a problem where, whenever i go near Red Rocket, my game crashes. the only thing that i have tried that has stopped the crashes is to uninstall all mods, but that isn't exactly going to work for me. I have tried disabling some mods, but can't seem to narrow it down to a single one. i started in Goodneighbour with Start Me Up, and my companions are Dogmeat and Ellen, if any of that matters. I'm also using Enhanced Wasteland Sweetfx version 1 (no enb). Problem persists after removing that and also with ENBoost installed instead (I've been testing ENBoost and comparing to reshade to see if it makes a noticable difference in performance)

Modlist/Load Order (Scroll past load order for all mods list including textures and such) - https://pastebin.com/cipGH0WZ

If you have any questions to help troubleshoot, please ask. I'll keep trying, and update this post if i manage to fix it.

The only thing I can think of is the fact you start off with Dogmeat as a follower and then go to Red Rocket Truck Stop where you're supposed to meet Dogmeat for the very first time in the vanilla game. If there's a crash it's obvious there's a conflict there. Try going to RRTS without Dogmeat and see what gives.

The only thing I can think of is the fact you start off with Dogmeat as a follower and then go to Red Rocket Truck Stop where you're supposed to meet Dogmeat for the very first time in the vanilla game. If there's a crash it's obvious there's a conflict there. Try going to RRTS without Dogmeat and see what gives.

i didn't start with Dogmeat, I got him right before the crash occured

Well, the "I started in Goodneighbour with Start Me Up, and my companions are Dogmeat and Ellen" part had me wrongly thinking you started with two followers and then went to RRTS...

Sorry, that was a mistake on my part. Thank you for the help, though!

Going over your mod list I'm under the impression you don't use LOOT for sorting load order. Looks like it's done manually. Give it a try but don't forget to relocate the Unofficial Patch to right underneath the last of the DLC esm as LOOT sometimes adds it lower.

Another problem is that your DLCs are loaded in the wrong order. Load order must be like this:

Fallou4 .esm

DLCRobot.esm

DLCworkshop01.esm

DLCCoast.esm

DLCworkshop02.esm

DLCworkshop03.esm

DLCNukaWorld.esm

Unofficial Fallout4 Patch.esm

DLC_Main Menu.esm

Then probably (that's how it is with me):

SpringCleaning.esm

HUDFramework.esm

ArmorKeywords.esm

Texture mods are not a cause for crashes (as long as it's not all 8K textures that overload your RAM/V-RAM) as they only overwrite existing textures and don't add a plug-in.