Fluffy Khajiit Project

Ashnur

I pm'd him, again dude, there shouldnt be any resistance,

So long as you DON'T put the file anywhere else but onto the nexus--modders dont really like their work being anywhere else, they just prefer it here exclusive--we dont need a translation, so we should be good.

I sent him pictures of your mod, and pictures of the full body.

Now just wait for his replies, dont harass him on this, i will send the other "khajiit body texture guy" a pm tomorrow, okay?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot lefttounge! :smile:

I'll wait for the reply, but I already pm the author of Feminine Khajiit.

Anyway, as you said, I don't think there will be a problem if this mod stay here on nexus, with correct requirements and credits of the original mods.

Thanks again for your help! :smile:

(and btw, have you seen the last video I posted yesterday with my previous version of the fluffy khajiit girl dancing? I think you'll like it a lot! ^^)

Edited by Ashnur

Ooohh I forgot!

Tomorrow I'll edit the main post to explain a bit more the workplan/roadmap.

I think it'll be better for us and everybody to understand what is done and what's left to do, and the REAL work this mod means. ;)

Cheers, and have a good night! :)

Quick update.

Didn't had time to edit the first post to include the roadmap sadly.

I tried to understand how to create a fluffy head, but it's still a mystery. :/

I tried to do it via a custom race/modification, I changed the Dagi-Raht head, but the face is all messed up. I think it's because the 5 shells-meshes doesn't work with the tri file for head... and I don't know why because it's exactly the same mesh, with some extrusion. Morover the fur layers are with transparency, and ingame it's all a plain white/strange color...

However in NifSkope the head looks really nice... I changed the headpart in TESVEdit keep all the other files intact, and it's still a disaster! T_T

And doing a complete head for a custom race seems quite hard and very long.

I also tried to do it as a custom accessory (wig), but it didn't go well too. I finally manage to make the fluffyness appear on the head, but it's not good at all, because it doesn't fit the head well, since it's an edited head on my character. :/

So for now : standby for the head part sadly.

I think I'll still try to make a custom race head work, since this way sliders/expressions will modify the shape and the fur correctly.

Here's my baseof work for now (pic in NifSkope) : LINK.

If anyone experienced could give me a hand on this part I would greatly apreciate it! :smile:

EDIT :

Not sure it's right or not, but it seems that TRI files for head won't work with multiple NiTripshapes! O.O

So it means a fluffy head is impossible this way!

T_T

Edited by Ashnur

I found an idea -for now- but it's far from perfect since that means a major restriction :

- create a head shape I'm ok with

- export it thanks to racemenu/ece

- do the whole fluffy/shell process on this modified head

------> this way, the fur effect will stick to the head... BUT IT WILL ONLY WORK FOR THIS PRECISE HEAD SHAPE :/

That's a "pis-aller" (the less worst solution without any real good ones) as we say in french^^

I don't like this idea at all, because if released, everybody with this mod will have the same face (not hairs of course, just face).... T_T

MAYBE A BETTER IDEA!

After searching I discovered "Female beards" mod (strange Idea, it's not my cup of tea at all).

BUT!

It allows females to wear facial hairs... and facial hairs respond to sliders!

So, if by any chances facial hairs can cover almost all the head, it would be great!

(and I mean "sliders" not head morphs when importing/modifying a head with the sculpt option sadly)

And with the same logic, I don't know if it's possible, but "Body Hairs" would be also a nice solution to all this idea!

Let's imagine you want to make a Dagi-Raht. Ok, no problem. Now you think "not enough fluffy!" just switch the facial and body hair sliders and.. TADA! fluffyness is here! :smile:

I'll search more on this subject, because it would be a great help for this mod to work smoothly with different textures types.

Cheers!

EDIT : It seems that some "public hairs" mods were released (again, not my cup of tea this kind of mod, but hey! why not? ^^). And it's not only textures, but with meshes! That's a great news, because it means it's possible to add hair/fur meshes to the body. If by any chances it can be changed to load the full body fur effect it would be so great! :smile:

Edited by Ashnur

MAYBE A BETTER IDEA!

After searching I discovered "Female beards" mod (strange Idea, it's not my cup of tea at all).

BUT!

So, if by any chances facial hairs can cover almost all the head, it would be great!

(and I mean "sliders" not head morphs when importing/modifying a head with the sculpt option sadly)

And with the same logic, I don't know if it's possible, but "Body Hairs" would be also a nice solution to all this idea!

Let's imagine you want to make a Dagi-Raht. Ok, no problem. Now you think "not enough fluffy!" just switch the facial and body hair sliders and.. TADA! fluffyness is here! :smile:

I'll search more on this subject, because it would be a great help for this mod to work smoothly with different textures types.

Cheers!

If your saying it would work as a separate mesh, just import the head base you plan on using, as well as a copy for editing in a 3D modeling program. Then inflate the mesh slightly, delete sections where you don't want fur, and sink polygon edges in the skin. Lastly, you will likely need to weight that mesh to the head.

For sliders, just create the _1 version of the mesh after weighting and all other edits via morph. Just mask the edges to prevent movement, then inflate again.

I had my doubts after first seeing this for regular khajiit heads, but if you can use a mesh in a way that's somewhat similar to Neofur, then it may be possible to get a good end result with some decent modeling skills. The only downside is you can't colme the direction of the fur.

None the less, it looks really good, but may be too much work for armor unless your already going for a custom race with it's own custom body.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Edited by NightroModzz

MAYBE A BETTER IDEA!

BUT!

Cheers!

If your saying it would work as a separate mesh, just import the head base you plan on using, as well as a copy for editing in a 3D modeling program. Then inflate the mesh slightly, delete sections where you don't want fur, and sink polygon edges in the skin. Lastly, you will likely need to weight that mesh to the head.

For sliders, just create the _1 version of the mesh after weighting and all other edits via morph. Just mask the edges to prevent movement, then inflate again.

I had my doubts after first seeing this for regular khajiit heads, but if you can use a mesh in a way that's somewhat similar to Neofur, then it may be possible to get a good end result with some decent modeling skills. The only downside is you can't colme the direction of the fur.

None the less, it looks really good, but may be too much work for armor, unless your already going for a custom race with it's own custom body. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks for your answer!

I'll take a look on your proposal. But frankly I'm not sure it'll work since I use six meshes (6 NiTriShapes) instead of one on each base body part.

Moreover, there are no weight sliders (no _1/_0 nifs) for the head part if I'm right?

Edited by Ashnur