[LE] Navmesh triangle not found

Charles17

I was checking for errors in esp's using tes5edit and and came across a mod that I'm unable to fix. "Immersive College of Winterhold".

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [04] CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp
[00:01] [REFR:00109686] (places WinterholdLDoorMinUse "Door" [DOOR:0010E866] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of WinterholdCollegeArchMageQuarters "Arch-Mage's Quarters" [CELL:000CAB92])
[00:01] REFR \ XNDP - Navigation Door Link \ Teleport Marker Triangle -> <Warning: Navmesh triangle not found in "[NAVM:00077D7F] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WinterholdCollegeArchMageQuarters "Arch-Mage's Quarters" [CELL:000CAB92])">
[00:01] [REFR:00109685] (places WinterholdLDoorMinUse "Door" [DOOR:0010E866] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of WinterholdCollegeArchMageQuarters "Arch-Mage's Quarters" [CELL:000CAB92])
[00:01] REFR \ XNDP - Navigation Door Link \ Teleport Marker Triangle -> <Warning: Navmesh triangle not found in "[NAVM:00077D7F] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WinterholdCollegeArchMageQuarters "Arch-Mage's Quarters" [CELL:000CAB92])">
[00:01] WinterholdJarlsLonghouse "Jarl's Longhouse" [CELL:00013818]
[00:01] CELL \ Ownership \ XOWN - Owner -> [0190000C] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:01] [REFR:0002BCE6] (places WinterholdTrapdoor01 "Trapdoor" [DOOR:0010DE06] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of WinterholdCollegeHallofCountenance "Hall of Countenance" [CELL:0001380F])
[00:01] REFR \ XNDP - Navigation Door Link \ Teleport Marker Triangle -> <Warning: Navmesh triangle not found in "[NAVM:000871AE] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WinterholdCollegeHallofCountenance "Hall of Countenance" [CELL:0001380F])">
[00:02] All Done!

Is it possible to fix this somehow using CK or only by the mod author?

Sometimes the mod maker don't add a nav-mesh. I've ran into that myself. As far as fixing it (as I understand it) once you have the mod you can do what you wish with it as long as it's only for your personal use. Adding a nav-mesh is easy stuff it just takes up so much time. A nav-mesh must be there for the npcs and followers. If you do add a nav-mesh that mod can't be uploaded it's now just for your personal use. I guess you could contact the mod author and let him know you added a nav-mesh and offer the file to him so he could post it. But other than that the file should never be uploaded by you.

Edited by NexusComa

Thank you for responding. I have no intention of a reupload, I just want to remove the errors. I have tried searching the web for an answer, but all I get is information about deleted navmeshes. Is there a tutorial anyone knows of to add a navmesh, and what about the error of the "door" and "trapdoor"?

Thank you for responding. I have no intention of a reupload, I just want to remove the errors. I have tried searching the web for an answer, but all I get is information about deleted navmeshes. Is there a tutorial anyone knows of to add a navmesh, and what about the error of the "door" and "trapdoor"?

Creationkit.com has some good tutorials. Go to Tutorials - Visual Learners - Video Tutorials Link - Navmesh. It will show you how to make a navmesh. It's easy though somewhat tedious if there is a lot of clutter to navmesh around. The door errors are probably because teleport doors to work properly for NPCs must have a finalized navmesh in place.

Well ... I took a look at the mod but was unable to load it up in the creation kit for whatever reason. (keep getting a memory error)

So any help from me at this point would be just speculation ...

I just answered your question to the changing mesh thing. I looked at the errors you listed. Here are a few thoughts:

1. When you put down a portal the nav-mesh has a special triangle that is colored differently in the creation kit these triangles link the nav-mesh portals to each other.

If you were to put down a portal (like a trap door) that didn't go anyplace as in a fake trap door just for looks. You would get errors like this.
(you could change the trap door to a static item and avoid an error like this if a fake was your intention)

2. Not all errors are really errors. Sometimes when doing somethings (ie: #1) errors are intentional.

3. I noticed many huge building .nif's were reworked. It is possible the portals jump to .nif's that outside and the author just avoided the mesh finalization on them. (idk)

Also the author stated on the mod page "Great care has been taken to avoid dirty edits, including automatic and manual Tes5Edit cleaning." So he had to be aware of this.

Leading me to believe the errors are not really errors and are indeed intentional.

If it was me (other than the fact I don't use mods I can't load up in the CK) I would test the portals and if they worked fine I'd just forget about it.

As far as a tutorial on nav-meshing: Skyrim Creation Kit Tutorials - Episode 9: Making Navmesh ...

Without being able to test any of this I'm at a loss here to really help you. good luck.

The help is appreciated. I'm beginning my new learning experience now. Should I be successful, I'll follow up saying that the issue is solved, whether it be manually fixing it or simply leaving it alone.

• 3 months later...

So Charles17, what ever became of your experience? I'm facing the same

"Navigation Door Link \ Teleport Marker Triangle -> <Warning: Navmesh triangle not found"

errors, but instead within JK's Skyrim.esp. I would like to know how to resolve this issue as well.

Thanks!