Fallout Mod Manager issue

DewyDecimal

Hi, I have recently got back into playing Fallout 3 (great game isn't it?), this is my first time playing the game on the computer, so I figured I would install some texture mods, ect.

Well, I went and installed Fallout Mod Manager and when ever I select Fallout 3 on the initial window it asks me to find the game directoy. Ok, no big deal, I click "Browse" and find the folder, you would think it would accept that. It ends up just opening the same window when I press 'OK' and says, "Could not find Fallout 3 directory. Fallout's registry entry appears to be missing or incorrect."

How can I fix this issue?

Thing you may need to know:

Running Win 7 64-bit

Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition legally bought via Steam.

Fallout 3 and all my other games, including Steam, are not on my C drive, they are on a seperate drive then my OS. (Not sure why that would matter, but it can't hurt to say).

Nexus Mod Manager reacts the same way with Fallout 3 only, though I have only tried it with Skyrim and Fallout 3, and it works with Skyrim.

Both Nexus Mod Manager and Fallout Mod Manager are installed on the same hard drive as Fallout 3.

I am using the directory E:\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\ .

Edit: Forgot to add what directory I was using. :P

Edited by DewyDecimal

If you have the latest version: Where did you install FoMM?

If you installed it into your Fallout 3 GOTY directory, you need to uninstall it and reinstall it into another folder.

I did not install it to my Fallout 3 directory. I just installed it on my main drive and made a new folder called 'Fallout Mod Manager' (E:\Fallout Mod Manager), as I did with Nexus Mod Manager, and that program works with Skyrim.