Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The City of Splendors, Waterdeep. Nawen walked in the streets, looking around cautiously. She had heard many tales about this city but this is the first time she was actually in the city. What happened here when all those drow came from beneath the Undermountain was good enough reason to stay away from Waterdeep because she is a drow after all, but the search for new adventures led her even here...

Nawen saw a group of drunken and rather mean looking men walking towards her. This city made her a bit paranoid so she assumed that they somehow found out that she's a drow and now they are coming to get her for something she didn't do.

The elf was perfectly capable of defending herself but she wasn't looking for a fight. Not now.

She looked around for a bit and noticed a temple. She was too distracted to notice to which deity this temple was built as she quickly walked to the temple and closed the door behind her. Nawen sighed in relief and spun around. It was quiet and peaceful inside.

Edited by Naktis

A hooded woman suddenly entered the temple, cloak swishing behind her. She closed the door in a rather panicked manner.

Rhaine stood from her seated position on one of the oaken pews, her armor pieces clinking slightly as she did so. She had just returned from taking care of an undead infestation outside the city walls, and she hadn't had time to change back into her robes.

She rested one hand on her sword hilt, "Welcome to the Temple of Kelemvor, stranger. Do you require services?"

Nawen was looking around the temple when someone suddenly spoke. She froze in her spot and eyed the nave, hoping to see who was talking to her. "Kelemvor?" She did not know that there is a temple of Lord of the Dead in Waterdeep though she had yet to see many places here. She mumbled something inaudible trying to think what to say. "Oh, I am sorry, I went to the wrong temple it seems."

Rhaine stepped from the shadows so the woman could see her better. She smiled at the stranger's response, "I am of the mind that things happen for a reason, friend. But, regardless, tell me what you are looking for, and I shall assist you as best I can."

Norgold walked around on the dark and dirty city streets, he wasn't sure of the time but he liked to walk around in the fresh cool air of the night. His mace slightly tapping at his thigh with each step he took, his shield quietly clanked against his back. His bible slightly hanging from his belt. Norgold moved his hand onto the cover of the book, and rubbed the symbols that were beautifully carved into the hard book cover. When he turned the corner, he saw a hooded figure enter a temple at a panicked state, then Norgold saw the men that were also approaching the temple. They looked like the normal street thugs that pick on people at night. He approached the men before they reached the temple, "My friends, why do you chase that person into the temple? When you could go get a nice cold drink of ale and a nice hot meal into your empty stomachs..." Norgold said calmly, as he handed the first one a pouch of gold. Edited by TheBestIdiot122

Nawen turned to the woman who was talking to her. She seemed of half elven origin and was wearing a nice looking armor. "Uh... is this temple have another exit?" She asked.

One of the men turned around when they heard someone speaking and saw a dwarf. "We weren't chasin' anyone." The man said, he looked at the pouch of gold in his hand and looked at the others. "Aye. That sounds good." He said and walked away from the temple to look for a tavern where they could spend the gold.

Norgold smiled as he turned to face the temple again, he approached the door and opened it slightly. The creak of the door was loud, but he opened it enough so he could slip inside. His shield scratched the stone surface when he entered, it chipped a piece off and it crash down onto the floor, the sound echoed through the temple as he noticed the two people that were talking. "I'm terribly sorry about that..." Norgold apologized. He noticed the woman who was talking to the hooded figure, she seemed to be a half-elf with what looked like incredibly good crafted armor, or really expensive. Norgold stood by the door and finally got a look at the hooded figure, it was a young woman, from what he could see. "Those men following you, they... got hungry." Norgold said quietly. Edited by TheBestIdiot122

Nawen frowned slightly but the half elven woman could not see because of her hood. Why is she nosy? "I... I just need to leave and I can't go through the main entrance again."

She heard the doors opening and spun around quickly, her hand resting on the hilt of her short sword. "What... how... they weren't following me?" She asked as she heard the dwarven man speaking.