First impressions: Potential seen.

Khormin

LT;DR: Neutral. Can see how with work, this would be a viable platform.

It's slow (you explained about optimizing, all good). It's not quite intuitive yet (just select the 'best' option for mod directories, and let 'advanced' users tweak it). It has a lot of bugs at the moment.

You can add custom tools to the dashboard, rather than having to force-feed certain specific variables (I can load python bash, for example). The games coverage is wider, and changing between them is far faster than with NMM. Site involvement makes it a much more 'social' platform - I didn't even know about the giveaway until the winner popped into my feed. Mod handling does seem to be a better design basic than NMM or MO. LOOT integration really stands out! Dark scheme default works well for not blinding me when insomniac me loads it at 3am.

With work, this could easily become an excellent platform for modding, and to help integrate the normal Nexus site as a desktop app. Even as an end user, it seems quite exciting (as far as desktop apps can be). Good luck! I'll keep poking back about my experiences from time to time.

One week in

TL;DR, I'm liking what I see, and it's replaced NMM for me.

Some of the features I was finding difficult to adapt to (such as Vortex' file conflict resolution method) are now more in hand, and from experience are preferable, more intuitive than with older mod handlers.

Masterlist bug I've had is annoying, but very noncritical - as Vortex autosorting can be disabled and LOOT loaded from the dashboard.

File handling is far faster than with older mod handlers, even with the UI lag, which is also appreciated. I can rip through three-to-four test builds in a fraction of the time one would take, and can even 'switch gears' between games while maintaining downloads from another.

FOMOD installers are functional, though forcing menus to alphabetise (asciibetise?) could make some installers more confusing, and the single-panel layout denies some of the transition screens that may have detailed copyright information or credits.

I've expanded out from my original 'test bed' (Oblivion) to test with some other games; Skyrim SSE, and Kerbal Space Program. I'd also want to do The Sims 4, but I'm getting severe errors on that, so I think that can wait a few updates.