can't log in on the Nexus Mod Manager

Terinaguy

Can confirm that updating NMM to .65.6 (newest version as of this moment) - Does still not allow me to log in with the same login credentials that I am using on the site.
Getting "Login Error - Invalid Username or Passord"

I have removed it completely, cleaned the registry with Avast Premium Clean up utility, and even gone through the registry myself and found not a single trace of NMM anywhere.
NMM Is also added to Windows defender privately and publicly.

No joy. Still won't log me in.

Edit: I tried uninstalling the .65.6 and installing NMM .65.2 which is the one that you're forwarded to on the nexusmod site, thinking maybe that is the only version that is linked to the site, but to no avail. Still getting the login error in the .65.2 version.

Edit2 : I have scoured the internets and found the solution (I think). If you have a NMM version of .65.6.1 or older, you will not be able to login to your NMM, so downloading the newest one from github is a solution, and this is also the most common answer to the problem across the myriad of posts out there. If you still have problems login in after downloading the newest version, the other thing you need to do is to make sure your nexusmods.com password does not contain ANY symbols (=)(/&%¤#"! etc) , but letters (captial or not), and numbers work fine.

Edited by RealPesto

Can confirm that updating NMM to .65.6 (newest version as of this moment) - Does still not allow me to log in with the same login credentials that I am using on the site.

Getting "Login Error - Invalid Username or Passord"

I have removed it completely, cleaned the registry with Avast Premium Clean up utility, and even gone through the registry myself and found not a single trace of NMM anywhere.

NMM Is also added to Windows defender privately and publicly.

No joy. Still won't log me in.

Edit: I tried uninstalling the .65.6 and installing NMM .65.2 which is the one that you're forwarded to on the nexusmod site, thinking maybe that is the only version that is linked to the site, but to no avail. Still getting the login error in the .65.2 version.

Edit2 : I have scoured the internets and found the solution (I think). If you have a NMM version of .65.6.1 or older, you will not be able to login to your NMM, so downloading the newest one from github is a solution, and this is also the most common answer to the problem across the myriad of posts out there. If you still have problems login in after downloading the newest version, the other thing you need to do is to make sure your nexusmods.com password does not contain ANY symbols (=)(/&%¤#"! etc) , but letters (captial or not), and numbers work fine.

first time I'm hearing that the latest versions don't work properly

however , I want to point out something

NMM isn't officially supported here , as the development team has moved on to work on it from their GitHUB page (the same one linked in the download page for NMM)

so if you have issues with the latest versions , it's best to approach the NMM team directly via that GitHUB page

if 0.65.6.1 does work for you , please let us know (I try to help others with problems , so it's always nice to know which solution works for users here)

but whatever the case , for anything NMM related , the GitHUB page is the place to go

I was having the same problem about logging into the Mod manager I followed the download for the updated version from the link it installed fine. The issue I have now is when I attempt to install a mod from the Nexus I get the following error message. "Unrecognized Game Mode Nexus Mod Manager is not set up to work with Skyrim if Skyrim is installed, rescan for installed games from the Change Game toolbar item" . I have rescaned and still can get no closer to installing any mods. If anyone has an answer I would be grateful.

I was having the same problem about logging into the Mod manager I followed the download for the updated version from the link it installed fine. The issue I have now is when I attempt to install a mod from the Nexus I get the following error message. "Unrecognized Game Mode Nexus Mod Manager is not set up to work with Skyrim if Skyrim is installed, rescan for installed games from the Change Game toolbar item" . I have rescaned and still can get no closer to installing any mods. If anyone has an answer I would be grateful.

my guess is you are trying to install a Skyrim SE mod on Skyrim LE or vice versa

so verify you are going to the correct Nexus site (Skyrim SE and LE are two separate games , and each has its own site)

my guess is you are trying to install a Skyrim SE mod on Skyrim LE or vice versa

so verify you are going to the correct Nexus site (Skyrim SE and LE are two separate games , and each has its own site)

Have you checked under settings to make sure you are still associated to NXM url's?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...