• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Behelit79

Behelit79

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Having a Skyrim LE Virtual Install folder of 91 GB i'm waiting just this feat to jump to Vortex.

I would like to ask if it will be able to list per-file overwrites in a NMM imported setup too or should i do a fresh install?

Tannin42

Tannin42

Faithful poster

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

With NMM files were deleted during install so mods imported from NMM shouldn't have any file conflicts at all - if you want to change how files get overriden you need to reinstall the mod in vortex.

Afaik NMM doesn't keep any information about which files were replaced during install so Vortex can't provide any help in that regard.

Behelit79

Behelit79

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

As of now i think NMM handles all the overriding matter in a simple way, from what i understand it stores everything in the VirtualModConfig.xml in the Virtual Install folder. Mine is a 20 MB xml file with almost 320.000 lines in which there are flags as <linkPriority> and <isActive>.

E.G.:

This is one of Realistic Ragdolls and Force file that i know for sure i decided to override when i've installed XPMSE, and NMM reflects and stores my decision in its giant .xml

<modInfo modId="601" downloadId="1000007570" updatedDownloadId="" modName="Realistic Ragdolls and Force" 
modFileName="Realistic Force-601-1-9.rar" modNewFileName="" modFilePath="H:\Backup CD\Mods\Skyrim Mods" FileVersion="1.9">

<fileLink realPath="1000007570\meshes\actors\character\character assets\skeleton.nif" virtualPath="meshes\actors\character\character assets\skeleton.nif">
   <linkPriority>1</linkPriority>
   <isActive>False</isActive>
</fileLink>

<modInfo modId="68000" downloadId="1000270960" updatedDownloadId="" modName="XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended - XPMSE - XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended" 
modFileName="XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended-68000-4-31.7z" modNewFileName="" modFilePath="H:\Backup CD\Mods\Skyrim Mods" FileVersion="4.31">

<fileLink realPath="1000270960\meshes\actors\character\character assets\skeleton.nif" virtualPath="meshes\actors\character\character assets\skeleton.nif">
   <linkPriority>0</linkPriority>
   <isActive>True</isActive>
</fileLink>

It knows which files are active and a specific order so it is easy to enable and disable mods, the problem is that's not so user friendly when you have to remember, search and see among 320.000 lines.

Well, about Vortex, if it will not be able to import this order, doesn't matter. I'll do a fresh and clean install again :smile:

Edited by Behelit79, 30 May 2018 - 06:14 PM.

Khumak

Khumak

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

One additional thing I would like to see when resolving conflicts would be an option when you're making a rule to override a conflict, for that new rule to override any other conflicting rules you might have created in your other mods.  Currently you get a graphical representation of your cyclic conflicts but so far I've found it to be pretty unintelligible.  I always end up just using it to delete every conflict and start over.

It would be much nicer if you could just create the rules you want in which ever mod you're currently looking at and all of those rules would override any conflicting rules you have in your other mods (including instances where you have no rule).  The most problematic mods for me tend to be texture packs with some of them conflicting with over a dozen other mods, most of which each have conflicts with other mods (usually different ones).  Sometimes I end up having to try making my rules over and over again for 10 or more iterations before I find a combination without cycles.  If the rules had an option to just override conflicts instead I would never need to do it more than once and cyclic conflicts would no longer even be possible.

Edit:  I should probably respond to the original request as well about the per file conflicts.  I like the way you can already see specifically which files are in conflict when you open up the conflicts window.  I'd like to keep the option to resolve conflicts purely by load order but also have some way to hide individual files similar to what MO does so if you change your mind you could just unhide it and redeploy.

Edited by Khumak, 02 June 2018 - 04:38 AM.

kamikatze13

kamikatze13

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 144 posts

i like the idea and especially like the added visual indicator :thumbsup:

any thoughts about backporting `this mod overrides the following files` and `files without conflicts` functionality from MO?

Page loaded in: 0.695 seconds