Can't craft due to short animations

TheSilverRoman

Hello folks,

first of, I think this should be the right subforum, but if I'm wrong, sorry about that.

I've been finally been able to play Skyrim again but now have a weird bug.

Almost all crafting animations are short.

Let me explain: Enchanting. I active the Arcane Enchanter and the crafting menu open, the character starts leaning on the enchanter, like they should. However, as soon as that animation is done, instead of staying there and allowing me to enchant stuff, the leaving animation kicks in and kicks me out of the crafting.

The same happens with the Alchemy table, the grindstone and the workbench.

The only two that I know seem to work fine are the Forge and the Tanning rack.

Anybody else have ever seen this problem?

Here's my loading list/order:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

SkyMoMod.esm

JSwords.esm

BlackreachRailroad.ESM

Deus Mons.esm

moonpath.esm

Lycanthropy_Audio_by_Brevi.esm Active

ApachiiHair.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

HighResTexturePackFix.esp

Chesko_Frostfall.esp

Phenderix's Magic Sounds Improved.esp

SoS - The Dungeons.esp

SoS - The Wilds.esp

Better Dynamic Snow.esp

Natural Skyrim Rain.esp

Realistic Lighting.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp

83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowRes.esp

Birds.esp

bladesfactionfix.esp

Crimson Tide - Blood.esp

dragonsoulstoperks.esp

Perfect Legionnaire 3.0.esp

SkyMoMod_lists.esp

bobsarmory.esp

Cloaks - No Imperial.esp

Cloaks.esp

Cloaks - Player Only.esp

1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp

1nivWICCloaks.esp

CrainteVomir.esp

DragonBoneWeaponsComplete.esp

EinherjarArmor.esp

HedgeKnight.esp

isilNarsil.esp

JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp

King's Slayer Armor.esp

Iorveth.esp

Nicoroshi Creations.esp

Omegared99-Compilation.esp

Omegared99-WeaponSets.esp

Omegared99-Compilation-NPC Plugin.esp

Saskia.esp

TCOSS.esp

TH3WICK3D1-BlueStripesEliteArmor.esp

TrissArmorRetextured.esp

viciousdawnbreaker.esp

WarchiefArmor.esp

WeaponsOf3E.esp

DeadlyDragons.esp

DeadlyDragonsArmory.esp

DeadlyDragonsSpells.esp

BlackreachRailroad.esp

DeadManor 1.1.esp

Deus Mons_WithNPCs.esp

moonpath_questdata.esp

Quest_AndTheRealmsOfDaedra.esp

Quest_NoMercy.esp

WARZONES - Civil Unrest.esp

WARZONES - Optional Performance Pack.esp

WhiterunFortified.esp

WhiterunREVISION.esp

Masters of Death.esp

WATER.esp

GreenWaterFixForWATER.esp

WATER - Get Wet.esp

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

VampireOverhaul.esp

Lycanthropy_Main_by_Brevi.esp

MidasSkyrim.esp

Phenderix's Magic Evolved.esp

dovahkiinrelax.esp

DeadlySpellImpacts.esp

Path of Shadows.esp

The Dance of Death.esp

Uncapped Perks - Magic.esp

Uncapped Perks - Combat + Stealth.esp

LovelyHairstyles.esp

MTOH.esp

N_43 Hair Pack.esp

TheEyesofBeauty.esp Active

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp

Live Another Life.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

ASIS-Dependency.esp

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody have any suggestions?

As far as I can tell now, no crafting apart from the Forge works. No grindstone or workbench.

Even mining or chopping wood doesn't

The interesting bit is that with the later two, I loose control over my Character (can't move) and get it back about 3 seconds later.

All the other crafting bits play animation and bring up the menus, just kick me out rather fast.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope this thread isn't dead because I have the same problem.

I wish I knew how to copy and paste my plugin-list... but we have a lot of similar esps (Water, lotro weapons, etc) Could you tell me how and maybe we can try to find a fix for it - if you havent found one already.?

• 4 months later...

if you havent fixed it already - I updated my The Dance of Death and it now works for me.

Also, I read that a lot of animation mods does that. So, look there.

Where'd you read that? I need help with this problem, too. A link would be great.

I just ran in to this problem yesterday, after installing Dawnguard & Hearthfire.

Still haven't fixed it, either.

I tried updating The Dance of Death, even tried using the beta version, but it didn't change anything.

I tried uninstalling most animation mods, and even tried using the beta version of Fores New Idles in Skyrim, which has a newer GenerateFNISforUsers.exe, and even using that, it's still a problem.

Weirdly, I haven't installed any new animations since DG & HF. BUT, Hearthfire does add new crafting animations for the drafting table, carpenter's workbench, etc. Does that make this problem happen?

For a temporary workaround, immediately after I start to craft, the moment the menu pops up I open the console (pausing the action), and type in

sgtm .01

...(sgtm = Set Global Time Multiplier) essentially slowing all world action/animation to 1% its normal speed. Usually that gives me enough time, but I have a crap-load of craftable mods, so I'm bound to hit a problem.

Then when I'm done, I put in "sgtm 1" to put it back in regular speed.

Does anyone who has (or has had) this problem also happen to have HF (or both DLC's?)?

Any clues would be MUCH appreciated!

Um, just a quick update and MAJOR drawback I discovered...

While the sgtm workaround will work at crafting stations, it does not work when mining.

The camera moves to 3rd person while the character does nothing for about the same length of time it would take to mine, then moves back to 1st person. Nothing is gained, and the ore/deposit/quarry is still actionable.

While I can live without mining ore (buying ore and ingots is fine), Clay and Quarried Stone are not items that can acquired in any other way!

I'm screwed until I can get this fixed. Can't build, can't adopt (don't have a child's room), so Hearthfire is essentially useless for now (I know I can always console-cheat, but I'd rather wait until I'm sure there's no fix).

• 2 months later...

Um, just a quick update and MAJOR drawback I discovered...

While the sgtm workaround will work at crafting stations, it does not work when mining.

The camera moves to 3rd person while the character does nothing for about the same length of time it would take to mine, then moves back to 1st person. Nothing is gained, and the ore/deposit/quarry is still actionable.

While I can live without mining ore (buying ore and ingots is fine), Clay and Quarried Stone are not items that can acquired in any other way!

I'm screwed until I can get this fixed. Can't build, can't adopt (don't have a child's room), so Hearthfire is essentially useless for now (I know I can always console-cheat, but I'd rather wait until I'm sure there's no fix).

I'm having this bug too, however I have a fix for the mining, if you equip your pickaxe and attack the ore or clay or stone it acts the same as the mining animation and is even a little bit faster. This is the best I've had Skyrim for many months now, hardly a bug at all, but the inability to craft is a problem, will be using sgtm from now on rather than reinstall, but a fix would be better.

• 1 month later...