Can't craft due to short animations

TheSilverRoman

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this thread's old but the last posts from 2014 so I hope some come back to this, I found the fix, Well for me, It should technically work no matter what but who knows.

Simply open your console and type "player.tai" easy as that.

Hope it helps.

nope - that just stops player ai - then my toon does nothing now - doesn't even do the animation to use the tanning rack

This happens to me here and there. I can always solve it just unsheathing/re-sheathing my sword. All crafting stations work then.

Mining in third person is permanently broken for me, but luckily you can mine in first person (by whacking at the ore with your pickaxe).

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

To anyone that comes to this topic. The main troublemakers for this are the Animated Prostitution mod and Live Another Life mod, be careful when working around them and keep your backups close. Also, clean your mods every once in a while with TES5Edit.

P.D: Some users have reported that having sex with NPCs solves this problem, and others that unsheathing and sheathing your weapons also work(curious similarity :P)

Good luck and happy dragon hunting.

• 3 months later...

First, sorry for my bad english... xD
I'm from Brazil but I will try to help...

I had the exatly same problem...

I did everthing I see here but keep stuck...

Then I start to try and try on different way to fix and I discovery what was bug my char...

The mod "Immersive Beds"...

You only need to sleep to activate this mod one more time and will fix your char...

P.S.: I am playing this game again and found this bug...
Good luck to you!!

• 1 year later...

It looks like Live Another Life is the source of this animation bug. Disabling it in the data files list allowed me to use all crafting facilities with no issues, and re-enabling it caused the problem to appear again. So far I haven't gotten any dialogue options or quest markers that the MQ has been activated, so it's probably safe to remove this mod after the start.

god bless you man, this solved my problem!

• 2 years later...

Hello folks,

first of, I think this should be the right subforum, but if I'm wrong, sorry about that.

I've been finally been able to play Skyrim again but now have a weird bug.

Almost all crafting animations are short.

Let me explain: Enchanting. I active the Arcane Enchanter and the crafting menu open, the character starts leaning on the enchanter, like they should. However, as soon as that animation is done, instead of staying there and allowing me to enchant stuff, the leaving animation kicks in and kicks me out of the crafting.

The same happens with the Alchemy table, the grindstone and the workbench.

The only two that I know seem to work fine are the Forge and the Tanning rack.

Anybody else have ever seen this problem?

I have experienced this exact problem because of an experimental mod I made for myself and therefore I know one possible reason for the problem described in the OP.

If you have an interfering AI package running on the player character at the time you try to use a crafting station, the crafting action gets interrupted just as described in the OP above. This is probably why one person above posted player.tai as a solution. It's certainly NOT a solution and I doubt it would work. The reason people experience this problem is most likely because of a bugged quest either in a mod or in the vanilla game. To put it simply, your PC have an active AI package which would run if PC was AI driven. This is what interferes with the crafting actions.

In my experimental mod, this problem was caused by a sandbox AI package I had added to the Player NPC, which is a type of AI package that runs all the time. Normally, this isn't much of a concern as AI packages attached to the player character (PC) are only activated when the PC becomes AI driven, in other words controlled by the game itself, which usually happens very rarely and for a short time in the game, unless you activate it yourself either by a script or a console command. Also, while some NPCs have their own default AI packages, it doesn't make much sense for the PC to have a default AI package, what is more common however, is to attach an AI package or a list of AI packages to the PC via a quest. If you have this kind of a (most likely bugged) quest in your game, you could simply stop it or reset it, in order to fix the problem. Could be a vanilla quest or a quest in one of your mods. How does one find that quest? Well, I personally haven't tried it myself but one possible way is to load your entire plugin list into TES5Edit and find the quest aliases with AI packages referencing to the Player NPC with base ID 7. You could also try disabling mods one by one and find out which mod contains that quest. In any case, if this is also the situation for you, what you need to do is to find the mod, or the quest with the interfering AI package and disable it, either by stopping/resetting the quest, changing the quest alias to null etc., there are multiple ways to fix it, as long as you know that is what's causing the problem. Hope this helps.

Edited by Kinlar

• 8 months later...