Editing installed mods via FNVEdit, how to do so?

RoyalGuard1945

Hello everyone,

I've currently finished installing mods for my play through and I'm wanting to edit most of my mods from FNVEdit to change weapon damage, mag size and price. Examples would be Book of Earache, Weapons of the Millennia and Asurah S.T.A.L.K.E.R Weapon and Armour Pack as well as Vanilla game weapons. I know it's fully possible to do this but I'm wanting to know how to actually edit the mod. I can't find the option to do so. I've tried using the GECK but it just crashes from everything and anything so it is unusable. I greatly appreciate any help on this topic. Thank you.

you need to open the specific plugin in FNVEdit , and let the program do its thing

after the loading is done , you can expand the contents of the mod (in the left side , just expand using the plus buttons)

navigate into the category of your choice , and open the entry you wish to edit (for example a weapon would be under the Weapon category)

find the specific part you wish to edit , right click and choose edit or double click (if you see a pop up warning you about editing the plugin , choose yes) and change the value to whatever you want

now , the best thing for you is to actually make a new plugin that contains all of the changes to all of the mods at the same time , but you can edit the original plugins (keep backups , in case you mess something up)

Ya I don't think you could edit a vanilla item , since it would be contained within an .esm ,

except via changing the flag on the file to turn it into an .esp temporarily.

So like WastelandAssassin said , you would make a new .esp , then save the changes as a record within that.

However a word of warning when having an .esp rely on another .esp content.

It just makes a copy of the item you changed , leaving the old record to show up in game.

However that might only be something that happens with references , not sure.

Ergo editing content via a second file of content in the original. Is best done only by a .esp to .esm relationship. Therefore changing .esp stuff is best done in the original file.

At least that is a seems to me opinion ^shrug^

Question about your Geck crashing ... Are you trying to load up your whole game play load order in the Geck ? Because you only want to load the particular file you want to save in ... and it will automatically load up any master dependencies (which you won't be able to edit them) just save record of the change.

Loading beyond the few vanilla masters that an .esp relies on ... would make the geck choke and probably crash. Just a mention if that is what you are trying to do.
Or maybe you need the .ini edit for multiple masters ???